8

~Elysia's POV~

"Okay," Mr. Wells began as all of us sat in our seats in class, Luke's broad frame sat beside my smaller one. "We're going to be doing a project. You'll be partners with the person beside you and you can choose whatever you two want to as your project topic. However, you have to do it on something that is relevant to the class or I'll fail you both." He explained, looking out over us to make sure that we were all listening, which it seemed we were.

I looked over at Luke and saw how he just stared ahead at Mr. Wells, paying me no attention. "You gonna stare at me all day, kitten?" Luke suddenly asked, turning to look at me.

Realizing that Mr. Wells had stopped talking about the project and I hadn't noticed because I was too busy checking him out, I blushed. "I-I was just thinking!" I exclaimed, trying to save myself with my excuse. Although he raised his brows in an unconvinced manner, he slowly nodded. "Whatever you say." He shrugged, relaxing back into his seat. I cleared my throat and nodded uncomfortably, the tension thick in the air between the two of us as we silently eyed one another. "Why do you dress like that?" He murmured to me after a moment of surveying my figure, or more so my attire. Not my figure. Obviously he'd never find it in his interest to look at my body just for his sake.

Feeling a little embarrassed and angry at his words, my brows furrowed in together as I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's wrong with the way I dress?" I huffed, looking down at my clothes defensively. Today I had dressed myself in a black shirt that had long sleeves which were layered, the top layer sheer and loose while the first was black and clung to my arms. The sleeves had an elegant feel to them and there was a pattern of pink and yellow flowers on the shirt, a gold necklace wrapped around my neck. My skirt was black and stopped at my mid-thigh, hugging my figure tightly. For shoes, I'd done a simple black pair of heels and left my hair down in its natural state.

"You dress weird." He answered me vaguely, shrugging as he looked me over again. "How?!" I huffed, frustration coursing through my veins. I saw the spark of amusement in his eyes, which only made me more angry. "Because you always have these weird patterns and colors and shit. It kinda makes you look like a hippy." He said, being very openly blunt and honest.

A frustrated squeal left my mouth as I clenched my hands into fists and narrowed my eyes at him. "You're a jerk!" I scowled. "First you make fun of me for believing in god and now you're picking on my clothes." I pouted, unable to stop myself from feeling hurt. Instead of apologizing, he just snorted and rolled his eyes. "You're so easy to fuck with." He said, lazily lulling his head to the side. "But that's okay. It's funny to know I have a source of entertainment, kitten." He shrugged. I glared at him and clenched my jaw in anger. "You're a jerk." I mumbled again, frowning.

Luke smirked a little and leaned towards me more, blue eyes glimmering with amusement. "I thought we've already established that. I'm an asshole." He hummed, cocking a brow up at me. "Or at least that's what you think." He shrugged.

With a roll of my eyes, I shook my head and turned towards him so my entire body faced his. "You don't exactly try to prove me wrong." I pointed out, cocking my head. Just from the way he stared at me alone, I wasn't too sure that he'd answer me, but he did. "You're right. I don't." He agreed simply. "But do I really want to waste my time on a person who's so judgmental to me when they don't even know me?" He asked. This time, I went silent. "You think I'm judgmental of you?" I frowned, furrowing my brows.

Sure, I didn't like the way that he treated girls after he got what he wanted from them, but I didn't think that I came across as judgmental. I still didn't know him, after all. "Well, you're the one who said that you didn't like me when we were at the food court. You basically said you hated me even before we'd met." He pointed out, frowning to himself. I paused, biting my cheek. "W-Well, I don't hate you." I protested, shaking my head. It wasn't a lie, either. I really didn't hate him. I just wasn't very fond of the little sides of him I'd seen, that's all. However, I was completely open to getting to know him because I didn't want him to think I was a judgmental girl when I really wasn't.