26

~Luke's POV~

Monday morning, I spotted Elysia stood over by her locker, loading books into her backpack like she did every morning before first period. I perked up when I saw her, as I'd been waiting for her to arrive for the last twenty minutes or so.

I bid Ash goodbye and weaved through the crowd of people who were stood in the middle of the walkway, not even caring that I'd bumped some of them right out of my way. If they didn't want that to happen, then they shouldn't be standing in the middle of the way, blocking my path by huddling together in one big group of morons. One of them let out a huff of annoyance that I ignored, my eyes trained solely on Elysia as she shut her locker and began to close her backpack, which looked heavy enough that I could tell she struggled to hold it a little bit. I smiled to myself, scanning my eyes over her figure.

Today she was dressed in a pair of blue jeans that had orange and yellow flowers up the side of the thighs and on the ankles, the fabric clinging tightly to her curvy figure. The shoes she had on were simple black heeled booties. Her shirt was a black short sleeved top with a yellow tiger on the front, I saw when she turned around, squealing in surprise when she saw I was just stood behind her silently. "Luke!" She gasped, looking up at me as she stepped back against the locker. "You scared me." She breathed, putting her backpack on correctly. My lips tugged up into a sheepish grin. "Sorry. Didn't mean to." I apologized.

"What are you doing here?" She wondered, cocking her head to the side curiously. Her full lips were shiny with the clear gloss that coated them, making her all the more tempting to kiss. "I just came to see my girlfriend. Can't a guy do that anymore?" I teased, stepping closer to her. She got an embarrassed look on her face as she pressed herself back into the lockers more, glancing around like she was nervous about someone possibly seeing us this close together. I, on the other hand, couldn't have cared less. "I guess." She said shyly, causing me to smile a little.

"How've you been? How'd things go over with your mom? You didn't answer my calls last night." I wondered, placing my hands against the lockers, on either side of her head. She frowned and bit her lip, a slightly guilty look on her face. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that." She sighed. "I just...I didn't really feel like talking to anyone. Mom got mad because she caught me and knew I'd been gone and that I'd drank and been with you, so then she grounded me for two more weeks." She rambled, an upset furrow in her brow. It was easy to tell how sad this whole problem with her mom was making her. Clearly, she loved and cared about her mom. For a moment, I wondered if her being so upset about the problem between her mom and I was my fault. If I simply weren't in the picture, perhaps she'd not be on rocky terms with her mom. Perhaps she'd be happier if I just...hadn't ever met her.

"Elysia?" I asked suddenly with a furrow in my brows, frowning. "Yes?" She asked back, peering up at me. "I'm sorry I caused this whole mess. You wouldn't be in this predicament if it weren't for me." I sighed, feeling guilty for having caused this problem. Almost immediately, she frowned at me and, surprisingly, pulled me closer. Given how she didn't seem too fond of being so affectionate in public, where people could see us, I hadn't really expected her to do that. "No, it's not your fault. You shouldn't feel bad. Mom's just closed minded and you shouldn't have to conform into a belief that you don't actually have just to appease her." She said softly, a small hand of hers running up my back. "I wouldn't want you to do that, either. Your beliefs are yours. She should know to respect that." She whispered, softly fisting the fabric of my shirt. I couldn't stop the love that I felt grow for her in my heart.

"I love you." I muttered, feeling her softly brush her fingers along my neck. She giggled softly and pushed up onto her toes, hugging me tightly. "I love you too." She breathed, my arms slipping around her waist to hug her closer to me. The sweet scent of syrup and berries filled my senses, calming me and yet making my heart race at the same time. "I wish I could see you outside of school." I muttered to her, sighing. This whole 'grounded' thing was really proving to be a pain in my ass.