16

~Elysia's POV~

As he had promised, Luke showed up to my house on Saturday at eleven AM, completely ready for us to go. I, on the other hand, was not ready at all. Completely by mistake, I'd overslept and gotten up at ten-thirty, taken a quick shower and had only gotten to begin my makeup before he arrived.

So now he and I were in my room while I did my makeup the rest of the way, his large sitting on my bed as I tried to hurry. I felt a bit bad for waking up late and now he had to wait on me while I got ready. "You really don't have to rush, you know. It's no hurry, kitten. We've got all day to spend together." He said from my bed, trying to reassure me that it was no big deal that I'd gotten up late and that he had to wait. "Are you sure?" I worried, hardly moving my mouth to talk as I applied my lashes. It required a lot of focus and a very steady hand, at least for me. I was pretty good at makeup, but applying lashes was something I felt like I never got better at doing. "Trust me, I'm plenty sure. Take your time." He insisted, our eyes meeting in the mirror of my vanity as I glanced at him in it when I finished putting my lash on. "Okay." I agreed, letting out a relieved breath.

I decided to take my time doing the rest of my makeup, not that I had very much left to do anyways. All I had left to finish up was applying my other lash and then putting on some lipgloss before I was finished. Once I had my other lash put on, I swiped some clear gloss across my lips and then got up, heading into the closet so I could pick out something to wear. I made sure to close my closet door behind me when I entered, not wanting to get a peek of me practically naked, since all I had on under my robe was my underwear.

After a moment of searching, I picked out a cute black dress that had dark green leaves and maroon colored flowers on it, with a straight neckline and thin straps that went over my shoulders. Because I didn't bring a bra in with me, I decided to just go bread today instead of going to get one. Then, I grabbed a pair of black heels and slipped my feet into them, being pumped up a few inches taller. I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and left my closet, feeling the ends of my hair brushing against the top of my butt. I left the closet and my gaze met Luke's as I flicked off the light, sending him a smile. "Okay, I'm ready to go." I chirped, glad that I'd put my deodorant and perfume on after I got out of the shower. He smiled at me and stood up from my bed, following me out of my bedroom once I had my keys and purse. "You look hot." He chuckled from behind me, his words surprising me a little bit.

"Oh." I said, letting out a shy giggle as I looked up at him. "T-Thanks." I said with uncertainty, feeling the blush in my cheeks. He chuckled as he noticed the embarrassment in my face, smiling at me as he and I headed down the stairs to go outside to my car. "Come on, kitten." He said in response, a little smile on his face as he was holding open the front door for me to go out first. I bit my lip as I exited before him, waiting for him to come out before I locked the door and we made our way over to my car. The car chirped as I unlocked it and I got into the driver's seat while Luke got into the passenger's seat, putting my key into the engine and starting up my car. "Are we going to a pumpkin farm?" He asked me, causing me to shrug. "Is that where you want to get them?" I asked back, already beginning to back out of the driveway.

Of course, I knew the way to the pumpkin farm because mom liked to get them from there when we got pumpkins around this time of year, but I knew they also sold them at Walmart. "Wherever you want." He said simply, shrugging carelessly. I began driving down the street, figuring we'd just go get some from Walmart, since it was closer. "Let's just do Walmart. It'll probably be faster." I said, earning a smile from him as he nodded. "Sounds good." He hummed.

When we arrived at Walmart, we went inside with one another and, after a little bit of searching, located the big display area that had pumpkins waiting to be bought. "This one looks good." Luke said as he inspected a pumpkin, rapping on it with his knuckles. I smiled in amusement and pushed the cart to him, so he didn't have to carry the pumpkins. "Would you mind picking out mine? I have to go find the pumpkin carving kits and stuff." I asked hopefully, giving him a big smile when he simply nodded as he pulled the cart closer and set his pumpkin into it.