33

~Elysia's POV~

After our talk, I led mom to the front door and bid her goodbye. She knew that I wasn't quite ready to come home yet and, surprisingly, agreed that she'd give me time. Although she agreed that she'd try to accept Luke and our relationship, I knew there'd be moments that weren't perfect. I knew she still didn't like him, but she was trying because she knew it'd make me happy.

She'd also decided that she'd un-ground me, since the only reason she'd actually grounded me in the first place was to basically keep me from Luke. However, I was pretty sure that my grounding already didn't count since I was living with Luke at the moment. Still, it was nice to know that she wasn't going to just keep me trapped in the house whenever I went back home, just to keep me away from him. That showed that she actually was trying, or that she wanted to. That was all I'd been asking for.

I closed the front door and locked it, heading back to Luke's room with a small smile on my face. Mom's visit had surprisingly cheered me up a lot. All I had expected of her coming here was for her to be angry with me, to try to convince me to leave Luke and come back home, but she'd done the opposite. Well, at first she'd trash talked him, but at least she'd made up for it by telling me what she had actually come here for.

When I reached Luke's room, I quietly shut Luke's bedroom door behind me, not wanting to wake up Luke's parents since they were likely sleeping by now. It was only just now past ten PM and Luke had been gone for maybe over an hour and a half, so I didn't expect him to be back for a while. He liked to party.

Since I was still wearing the clothes that I'd worn to school earlier today, I went into the closet and began to search for some pajamas to change into since my clothes were a bit uncomfortable. After a little bit of looking through my pajamas that I'd set on a shelf he had in his closet, I eventually found some to wear and pulled them out. I grabbed a set of pajamas that consisted of a tank top and a pair of shorts, beginning to get changed in the closet.

My pajamas were a silk navy blue that had black lace on the breast-line, the bottom of my shorts, and the bottom of my tank top. I took off my bra before I put on the top, not feeling like wearing a bra anymore, as I'd been wearing one all day.

Once I finished getting dressed, I picked up my dirty clothes and put them in the basket for dirty clothes in Luke's room. Then, I went ahead and crawled back into his bed, which was still scattered with my homework papers that I'd been doing before my mom came over. Deciding that I'd had enough for tonight, I began to put up the papers in my homework folder and put the folder into my bag, which I put on the floor by his bed.

I flicked on the TV with the remote that rested on the nightstand beside the bed, turning it to a channel that was playing the movie Gremlins. Before I got comfortable beneath the covers, I slid out of bed and turned out the lights, knowing I wouldn't have felt like doing that later if I just waited. I then climbed into bed again and cuddled up beneath the blankets, beginning to watch the movie. Gremlins was a movie I used to watch every Christmas as a kid and I hadn't seen it in a few years, so it brought up a nostalgia in me to see it again.

Not even halfway through the movie, the bedroom door suddenly flung open and Luke stood in the doorway, swaying on his feet. I could tell with one look at him that he was drunk. "Luke?" I asked in surprise, not expecting him to be back home so soon. It wasn't even eleven PM. I'd expected him to be home much later, so I was surprised that he was here now.

Luke placed a hand against the doorframe and groaned softly. "You're still awake, kitty?" He asked in a slightly slurred voice. Judging by how he struggled to even stand, I assumed he was pretty drunk, but he managed to talk rather well. "Yes, I'm awake." I answered, slipping out of bed when I noticed he was swaying more as he released the doorframe to take a step forward. Before he could possibly fall face first, I gripped his hands and led him towards the bed, knowing he'd probably have trouble maneuvering through his room in the dark, especially since he was very drunk. He plopped onto the edge of his bed and laid onto his back, arms spread out with his eyes closed. His curls were a little messy and the light from the TV flashed against his features, somehow making him appear more angelic. I hid a smile and sat beside him.