36*

~Luke's POV~

At some point after the movie had ended, I was woken up to the feeling of light movement in the bed, right beside me. I knew it was Elysia and I peeled my eyes open, watching as she carefully slipped out of my bed.

Not thinking too much of it, I decided not to sit up and alert her that I was awake, so I just stayed laying down. I had thought maybe she was going to go to the bathroom and then come back to bed so we could go to sleep, my gaze following her closely while she made her way quietly through my dark room. However, instead of going towards the bathroom, she turned right and headed towards my window. I was momentarily confused until I remembered her little nightly thing where she liked to go up on the roof, probably to pray. As far as I knew, she hadn't done it since she'd been here, but I didn't want to disturb her so I just stayed in my bed. She'd probably be back in about five minutes or so anyways, or so I had assumed at least.

My bedroom was colder now from the breeze that flowed in through the open window, practically making me freeze my balls off, even beneath the blankets. I had no clue how the hell she could stand to be out in the cold like that. I huddled the blankets closer to me and hung on just a little bit longer, thinking that she'd be coming through any moment now and then she'd come back to bed with me. All I wanted was for her to come in so that I could cuddle with her and then fall back asleep.

However, even after fifteen more minutes had passed, there was still no sign of her. Not only that, but I heard no noises outside that would've come from her. All I heard was the rustling of the tree leaves and the wind blowing, but nothing more. It nearing ten PM and now I was starting to find myself a little worried, but I still thought I was maybe overreacting, so I just waited. When it hit ten thirty PM, though, I sat up in bed, consumed with the cold as it filled the room and the worry that something had happened to her. She'd been gone for so long.

Curious, I rolled out of my bed and walked over to the window, feeling more and more cold as I reached closer to the window. The breeze blew in from outside, causing my curtains to rustle around in the air. It was really cold and windy tonight, but I forced myself to crawl out of the window. When I began to attempt to crawl up the side of my house towards the roof, I struggled a little, not used to doing this type of shit. I couldn't help but to wonder how it was that Elysia was able to do this. Not only that, but I wondered how she'd gotten into doing this in the first place.

I finally managed to make it up to the roof and pulled myself up, searching for Elysia's short figure. I'd expected to see her right when I got up to the roof, but that wasn't the case. Frowning, I refused to stand up and crawled across my roof, searching for her. Finally, I found her on the opposite side of the roof, laid out on her back while she peered up at the stars.

The fast paced racing of my heart calmed when I saw that she was completely fine, looking like she was in her happy place. I thought she hadn't noticed me because she was a little off to the right, not right in front of me, but I was wrong. "What made you come up?" She suddenly spoke up, her voice light and curious. I blinked in surprise and reluctantly approached her, sitting down beside her, though she didn't even move a muscle. "I woke up when you left, but I thought you'd be back pretty quick, so I was waiting, but then you didn't come back. I got worried." I explained quietly, peering down at her as her brown eyes cast up to the sky.

All of the sudden, she turned her head to look at me and her lips turned up into a small smile. "Worried?" She echoed. "That's sweet." She said, peering up at me now.

My lips turned into a small smile. "What have you been doing? I can leave if you were....praying, you know." I said, not wanting to intrude on something that I had no place in being in. She smiled softly and shook her head, the moonlight casting down on her tan skin. "No, it's okay. I already finished. I was just kind of laying out here." She explained, her small hand slipping into my larger one.