15

~Elysia's POV~

I began to do my makeup after I got out of the shower on Monday morning, getting ready for school. I had already brushed out my dark hair and it fell down my back in waves, still just a little bit damp from my shower that I'd had a little while ago. Because my hair was so long and so thick, it took quite a while for it to dry after I got out of the shower. However, it didn't matter to me too much. My hair was one of my favorite things about myself, actually.

Like I usually did at the end of my makeup routine, I applied a clear lipgloss once I had my wispy lashes on fully, placing the little tube back on my vanity as I got up from my chair. I abandoned my vanity and headed into my closet next, in searching for something to wear. Even though it was October, it was only a little cold, so I didn't need to dress too warm. It usually got really cold by now, but it seemed this year was an exception.

After a few minutes of searching, I decided on wearing a cropped black tank top that buttoned up in the front and a pair of high waisted pants that were black with grey plaid stripes on them. They were loose enough on me to give me a little warmth and yet were still fitting enough that I didn't look like I had a trash bag on my legs, which was nice. For shoes, I pulled on a pair of all-black sandals with a platform sole. Once I was dressed, I grabbed a black purse and my backpack, slipping my keys and my tube of lipgloss inside of it before I left the house and went out to my car. I started up the engine and began my short drive to school, not even noticing that Luke had been in his driveway as well until I saw his car following after me to school.

My lips nudged up into a little smile as I turned into the parking lot of the school with him behind me, letting my car come to a gradual stop in my usual parking spot as I pulled the keys out of the ignition. Luke's car rolled up into the spot next to my car and he cut his engine off as well, the both of us getting out of our cars at the exact same time. I peered over at him over the top of my car, which I was only to see over because my car was pretty small, and gave him a friendly smile as I shut my car door and locked it.

"Hey, little kitten." He greeted in a low mutter, swinging his backpack over one shoulder as he slammed his car door closed.

"Hi." I returned kindly, pulling my hair out from between my back and my bag, so it wasn't pressed between the two. For some reason, it always made me uncomfortable to have my hair like that. I couldn't have it sandwiched under or between something, like a shirt or a backpack. It drove me insane.

The two of us began to head inside the school together, my eyes glancing up to meet his as he held open the front door for me to go first. "Thank you." I chirped, slinking past him. He stalked in behind me, his steps surprising light as he and I walked down the hallway that was littered with occasional students, being that most people were in the cafeteria or on the other side of the school while waiting for the bell to ring. I, on the other hand, began over to my locker, surprised when Luke just followed right behind me like he was my personal bodyguard. My lips tugged up into an amused smile as I glanced at him, a brow raised. "What are you doing?" I asked, coming to a stop at my locker.

He shrugged and leaned against the locker next to mine, biting his cheek. "I don't know." He said simply, looking down at me while I began to enter the combination to my locker. I giggled softly and pulled open the locker, glancing over at him as I swung my backpack onto my chest and unzipped it. "You don't need to go to your locker?" I asked him, both a little curious and a little confused. He just shrugged again and shook his head. "Nah, I'm good. I don't need anything." He answered, crossing his arms over his broad chest. I hummed softly and looked over his features briefly as I put a couple of textbooks and then a notebook and sharpened pencils into my backpack. "You have your textbook for Mr. Wells class already in your bag?" I asked, confused. The ESS textbook was pretty big and heavy, so I didn't really see why he'd carry it around, especially all weekend.