Chapter 33

Waning: This chapter speaks of Labor so if that makes you uncomfortable than I'm sorry. Feel free to skip till I say it's safe.

_____________________
Emma
A one day ago
_____________________

As the day slowly dragged on all the midwives I worked along side with had a lesson on labor that sister Ada was teaching that day.

"Alright girls today we are learning about breached births, has anyone helped deliver a breached baby?" Sister Ada asked.

"Two when I was being trained." Elenor said, she was a fellow midwife and my roommate. All the midwives lives with the nuns at the church. And we all had roommates.

"I had one when I was being trained in Britain, the midwife just let the baby hang there by its head!" I said to everyone as the midwives giggled.

"Let's continue." Sister Ada said.

_____________
Y/N
_____________

I was smiling, holding my baby in my hands but just like before a shooting pain shot through my body like before.

I yelled out in pain, Emma took her wooden trinket from the first visit and put it to my stomach. Listening for a second heartbeat.

"Eliza, can you give baby one to Philip?" Emma asked.

"Yes, of course Emma," Angelica said, leaning over to pick her up. Philip kissed her quick and held my hand.

"Philip you can't be here," Emma said over my yelling.

Philip understand, he kissed my lips and than my hand, letting go of it.

"No Philip!" I cried.

"I'll see you soon, I love you so much!" He cooed, walking out the door.

I cried as another contraction came.

"Alright Y/N one big push!" Emma said.

"I can't, I can't." I looked down at my stomach and said, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay there for a bit." I whined.

"Yes you can, remember what Eliza said, a few seconds of pain and a lifetime of happiness." Emma said, looking up at me for a moment. "Push Y/N," Emma said, I did as I was told, but Emma gasped.

Eliza held my hand as she looked at the baby, her face turned to a strange face.

"May I asked what that is?" Eliza asked.

"Oh!" Emma sighed in relief, "Its just breached."

"Eliza, I need you to help move Y/N to the edge of the bed so her butt is off the side but she is still leaning on you." Emma instructed.

Eliza began to move me but I screamed, "I'm sorry Eliza!" I yelled, holding onto her forearm, crying, "But when I'm done I'm killing your son!" I yelled.

"Which one?" Emma joked.

"Philip!" I cried.

"Come Y/N, your almost done." Eliza said, cheering me on.