Twenty Second Aegyo

" Jean, time to wake up... " I turned to see Hae-won looming over me while shaking my shoulder lightly. Sitting up, I released a yawn and uttered a " good morning "  to her.

" Good morning to you too. " I heard her say as I was heading to my closet. Among the four of us, Hae-won is the early riser so she took it to herself to wake us up every day, so that neither will miss or be late in class. I see a " still-dazed " Yuna sitting on her bed while Hae-won was busy fixing her things. When Blythe came out of the bathroom, already dressed, I headed straight inside to freshen up. 

When everyone is dressed and done with their morning routine, we headed out towards the dining area. The food is already served on each table and we could see fellow dorm mates eating heartily and chatting with one another. We decided to choose a sit beside the window, well it has always been our favorite place to sit.

For today's menu, we have Jatjuk ( Pine-nut Porridge ) with a side dish of Hwajeon ( a sweet pancake made by using edible flower petals and sugar ). The Jatjuk has a rich and creamy taste, nutritious and easily digested. I heard that the meal is not used for a diet ( since walnuts are expensive and not readily available ) so they are usually served as either a special meal for breakfast or as a suplement for the sick and the elderly and can be also considered as a snack. Hwajeon, on the other hand, is sweet and delectable. Edible flower petals are used but if there are no flowers present, water dropwort, ssuk ( Artemisia princeps or Japanese mugwort ), seogi ( Umbilicaria esculenta ) or jujube ( Korean date ) may be used. 

" Ahh~ I'm all fired up!!! " Yuna stretched from her seat after finishing her porridge. " Another day of practice, huh? "

" Indeed it is. " Hae-won replied back while drinking a glass of water. " We better do some stretching later. "

" Right. " I twitched. " Or else we'd get cramps. " The last time we forgot to do our stretches, we had excruciating cramps the next day. It just shows that before you start any physical activity, you should stretch first to prepare your body. 

" Though I wonder what clothes are we going to wear for the performance. " Blythe piped up from beside Yuna. The latter grinned and pinched her cheeks.

" No worries, we'll make sure that you really " portray " your beloved L. " The younger female blushed at that and shrugged her off. 

We headed back to our room, to brush our teeth and grab our things, before heading to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since class ended early ( the festival is almost there so preparations are needed to be done ), the four of us hurried back to the dorms to change into comfortable clothes that can give us full access of movement while dancing. I decided to tie my hair in a ponytail so that it won't fall in front of my face. 

" Stop it Yuna!!! "

" Come on Blythe, we need to tie your hair so that you won't be sweaty later!!! "

Grabbing by sports tumbler ( which I left over night in the fridge ( I almost forgot that each floor has their own refrigerators that students can use to store perishable food and items ), with my name on it of course. ), I turned to see the two chasing each other. Blythe was on one side of Yuna's bed while the latter is on the other side. The younger of the two was glaring at the elastic band while the other was smirking.

" Now you can't escape. " Yuna said while hopping on her bed and lounge at Blythe. The latter tried to run away again but accidentally tripped on the carpet. Yuna suddenly sat on her back and made a " victory " sign.