Cards on the table

All eyes were on me, and its not the good kinda way, scanning me from my head to my toes, it felt like not even a strain of my hair missed out.

They glared at me as if I was an illegal object passing through the hallway.

What deed have I done?

Suddenly I felt a hand slung on my neck followed by a fuzzy red hair stroking my cheek, "So, how are you?", Merida greeted me.

At least she saved me from all those disgusting glare they gave me.

"I'mㅡ fine? I guess?", I answered quite uncertain why she asked me that kind of question, "Why are you asking me, again?", I asked her.

"You knowㅡ", she let go of her hand from me as we reached our locker, "Just casually checking on you, Els", she shrugged and busied herself taking books and stuffs from inside of her locker, which is very unlike the Merida I know.

"What are you up to?", I asked her again

"Getting ready for class!", she answered me right away while tying up her hair.

"Merida Dun Broch? Getting ready for class? And tying your hair?", I deliberately charged her with questions, "What happened to you?"

"Never too late for a good change, aye?", she banged her locker close while she gave me a sheepish smile.

"Mer? What's going on?"

I know there's something wrong happen at the party, or at least I did something.

"Tell me", I met her eyes and locked gaze with her eyes, but unlike Merida who never break an eye contact when somebody challenged her, this time she averted her gaze to the floor staring at the black sneakers she wore.

"Something's wrong", I said again, "Tell me. Please, Mer", I held her hand.

"Nothings wrong!", she quickly replied in a very loud voice, luckily the bell rang covering her voice before she could draw the entire hallway's attention to us.

"Gotta go, Els! Don't wanna be late in our first period", she pulled her hand from me before I could stop her by tightening my grip, she ran between the overflowing crowd in the hallway and dissapear.

Since when Merida care about going to class on time?

First period on Monday means its French. Ugh

Don't get me wrong, I love French especially French Fries and French Toast,

French kiss?

"Elsa, care to share you thoughts with the class?", I heard Monsieur Ratigan called my name waking me up from my private thoughts as if he could read what I was thinking.

"Oui?", I answered with the first French word pop up on my head, not a really good idea because Monsieur Ratigan seems impressed that I answer his question with French.

Damn it

"Elsa, que penses-tu du dernier passage que nous venons de lire?" he asked again this time in French, which probably I think he asked about the passage we read in the book we're discussing now.

Ah Fuck this

"Je pense que c'est super", I answered feeling uncertain with his reaction as I replied him with a very basic French.

He rolled his eyes which means that he was annoyed, "Next time please pay attention in class", he said again in English with his thick French accent.

"Okay, sorry Monsieur", I nodded as he walked passed by me continuing reading the literature we were discussing today.

The rest of the classes were filled by people in my class giving a side eye to me, some of them gave me a cold glare but I never returned to any of them, acting like I know nothing or its not bothering me at all.