Working on It

"You promised to set me up in a real date with your friend, Toothiana"

I was taken aback by his words. Like he just came here, to my store, all the way from his house under the hot beaming sun of New Yosaka just to talk about the deal?

I mean he must be really interested in her, Toothiana Ava Robbins.

Honestly, deep down I thought he will just forget about the whole damn deal and just simply helped me as my "boyfriend".

But I guess I set on too much high hopes on him. He's Jack Frost afterall and like I said nothing's free in this world.

"Yㅡyeah", I couldn't formed any words from my mouth.

"Don't tell me you haven't figured it out how to set me up with her?", Jack squinted his eyes giving me a curious look.

"I haveㅡ I actually have, don't worry", I avoided his striking blue eyes that looked straight to me.

I really hate when he's judging me, its like I'm an open book to him.

"Lies and lies and lies, stop lying", his voice came out offended

I mustered up courage to look him in the eyes. What does he mean? Does he think I'm a liar or something?

"What did you say?", I replied in more offended tone

"You're lying", he stopped as he gave me a stern look, I locked my gaze in his eyes just because I don't want to look weak.

"You lied to me you promised me you'll set up a date with Toothiana, and yet you haven't even find a way for us to meet", he continued

I sighed as I rubbed my temple.

I think many ways to defense myself from his statement, but truth is he's right and I couldn't get away with this.

And a deal is a deal, I have to do it.

"Okay, look I'm sorry. I haven't thought a way to set you guys up, but I will, I promise", I tried to look well composed

"Unless you already fell in love with me and you're just postponing the chance I have to meet your friend", he let out a playful smirk

I feel my ears and cheeks getting hotter and today is not the day to embarrased myself, I've done enough yesterday.

I crossed my arms and scoffed, "In your dream, Jackass"

"Aw, you do wish I have a dream about you, sweet little Elsie", Jack grabbed his paper bag with his ice cream inside as he escorted himself to the door.

I rolled my eyes, "What kind of dream genre you will be in? I wonder", he playfully smirked at me before he opened the door letting the hot air from outside greeted his face.

"Oh, I know", he said as he stepped outside, his face expression suddenly lights up and he gave me a naughty smirk

I shook my body in disgust, "Pervert"

His smirk went wider after he heard my response, "Well, I never said you'll be in that kind of dream, guess you're the perverted one"

I couldn't hide but blush, he's right though, "Go home, you fool", I avoid his gaze and start arranging the ice cream cones so he wouldn't noticed that my face was red just like a ripe Red Delicious Apple.

"I was about to say horror, but yours is more intruiging, I'll think about that", he left the door still smirking as the wind blew his silver hair and in seconds he was out of sight.