The Fool

"You! What are you doing here?", I literally screamed to the figure in front of me.

"Is that how you greet a friend?", he rolled his eyes and let out a huff.

I ran to him and hugged him. I could sensed that he was surprised by my sudden move.

"That's more like it and more like you", he returned the hug. I looked up to meet his eyes and squinted my eyes still hugging him.

"No kidding, but what exactly are you doing here? In a Melkevein's uniform", I let go and crossed my arms, cocking an eyebrow to him.

"Well, what do you think?", he laughed and leaned at the counter, "Shut up!", I squealed and hugged him again.

"Wow, you missed me that much huh?", he replied as he returned the hug.

"You're back in town?", I muffled between the uniform's fabric, "I guess I am for a while", he let go of me.

We smiled and I hugged him again, "Oh my god, you don't have any idea how much I miss you", I said.

"I miss you too, Els", he pat my back.

"But really Tadashi, why did you apply being a waiter here?", I walked inside the employee room as he followed me inside.

"I thought you could use a hand", he said while leaning to the door frame.

"You don't have to, Tadashi", I put on my apron well aware Tadashi was staring at me.

"What happened to you?", his voice grew concern, "What do you mean what happened to me?", I busied myself fixing my braid.

"You okay?", he squinted his eyes trying to examine the bruises all over my body.

"Yeah, I fell at practice", I sighed and look at the bruises the ice left for me. "Its not that bad, It will heal in no time", I smiled.

"You really think I would believe that?", Tadashi crossed his arms and judging me, "Yeah, because its true I fell. Not my best performance today", I walked passed him and went to the counter.

I know that Tadashi wasn't convinced with my answer and he tried to ask for more but suddenly the bell on top of the entrance door ding.

"Hello, welcome to Melkeveien", I blurted those words like almost like an automatic answering machine.

"Hey, hey, I got this", Tadashi grabbed my shoulder and told me to take my time preparing for myself.

"Do you even know how to serve a gelato though?", I said as I started walking to the counter.

"I worked part time here last summer remember? Besides I'm a natural", he grinned while adjusting his cap, "Your feet could get some rest", he smiled before he walked to the counter to serve our costumer.

I scoffed and smiled to myself, if only this guy wasn't that genius, which I'm not complaining for how genius he is, I wont be separated from him this fast.

He went to college when he was only 15 and now, while I'm finishing high school, Tadashi currently finishing his master degree.

My whole life has been a joke comparing to him.

***
"We're going closing in 10 minutes, Tadashi", I warned him as I wiped the tables and he nodded as a respond.

"That's our last order by the way, I'm gonna check our stock for today", he said as he went over to check the stock in the pantry.

He truly is a helping hand for me.

Being with Tadashi has occupied my mind from thinking about Jack and what we did last night. I'm so grateful for that.