[3]

Adrielle's POV

"Okay, so could someone tell me why Harry and the rest of the lads can come in here without getting killed by any darkhunter." I said, taking a stop, putting a hand in my chest, looking as if I am a heroine in an opera. "I mean, they are vampires. That's a huge question that I couldn't even possible find an answer."

They shot me a look in unison and I don't know what they are thinking as of this moment. It seems that they wanted to laugh at my action but trying to be serious at the same time. Ashton cleared his throat, making my shift towards him. "They might be but they are those who are called the 'unpetitioned vampires' thus making them as vampires that does not belong to the vampire community."

"Uh, I don't get it." I said. "I'm confused. How's that even possible that they are not part of the community when they are vampires."

"There is a law of the vampires that the dakhunters know. That is once a human is turned by a vampire without petition to the higher court of the vampire or The Council, as they fondly call it, they don't have any right to belong into the community and must be killed to protect the vampires since newly changed ones are very uncontrollable, what more of those who are unpetitioned?" Luke explained

"Still, I don't get it that much."

"Harry and the rest of the lads are unpetitioned vampires because Miley did not petition to the higher court about changing them." Michael continued. "That's why they are allowed here. We fought for them and we won."

"But Miley is the highest vampire because..."

"Yes indeed but when it comes to power, The Council is. Not even the royal families of vampires can stop them of what they are doing. They are the seat of the power, despite of the fact that they have a royal vampire that runs the whole community." Ashton said

"But if the lads are, then why aren't they killed, if it is in the law that unpetitioned vampires should be killed?" I asked.

"We petitioned for them." Calum said.

"What?" I asked. "As in you went to The Council to petition them? But you are not vampires."

"We know. And it's a different petition. The only way we know to save the five of them." Luke said as he got out of his seat and was pacing back and forth. "You see, under the treaty that was made between the vampires, there was a law that is included that darkhunters can petition vampires, but only the unpetitioned ones because they don't have any community to belong. It's quite a long process. The vampires that would be petitioned for this must give consent that they want to be petitioned. Once the petitioned is signed, the vampires would now belong to the darkhunter community and vice versa."

"It's like an adoption process but a bit easier. All you need is to face The Council of the vampires and the highest court of all that comprises 3 vampires and 3 darkhunters, The Immortal Court." Ashton said

"And what is The Immortal Court?" I asked. "Now you said something that's making my head spin right now."

The four laughed with Michael speaking after, "You badly need a history class for this kind of knowledge."

"Too bad, my history classes were all about  the crap World War II and I am not regretting anything about it because it was a much better to learn than this kind of history." I said. "And tell me, what is an immortal court? Don't keep me hanging."

"The Immortal Court is where all the problems that arises in the two community that's against to each other are being heard and decided. The six judges that sits there are considered the best judges that the two sides ever have. They are not bias, making them all as very respectable judges of the court and to all vampires and darkhunters. No one can overrule them, not even the highest court of the vampires and darkhunters or even the royals. They can do what's right and good for the betterment of the two sides." Luke said.