Scaring Them Out

Adrielle's POV

As soon as we settled down, I, Sarah, The two girls and the boys took our dinner together. I kept on talking while the boys laughed except for Harry, who obviously is the party poop.

After the dinner, we all stayed in the living room, with only the front porch lights on. We shared some horror stories just to have some time off with whatever is happening right now. I was tasked to share one.

“I could still remember when I was still living in America. This happened in my grade school. I was walking down the hallway when something caught my attention. There was this woman, standing few meters away right from where I stopped walking. Her back was turned and she was walking very slowly. And the weirdest thing about that, she shouldn’t be there because everyone was outside the school and that I was there to go and get something from my room.” I started as they listened to me, with Harry, trying his best not to be scared or maybe trying his best not to show that he is scared.

“Who is that woman anyway?” Jacey asked.

“I really don’t know,” I answered. “And then I called her up. I thought she was a teacher. But she never turned to me and continued walking,”

“Spooky,” Emma said and I nodded.

“Indeed it is,” I said. “Then I decided to just go and get something. When I passed by the hall, she was still there and she was actually standing beside the window, looking out for something,”

“You told anyone about that?” Niall asked as he munched up some popcorn.

“No, I never did. Because I thought it was a teacher. It’s none of my business,” I said.

“So what makes that scary and horror huh?” Harry asked. I looked to him and give him a stare that could almost give him a stab.

“Just listen weirdo,” I said, trying to ignore his seem-like inviting you to a war demeanor.

“So what happened next?” Liam asked.

“It happened all over again,” I said. “But this time, it’s a lot freaky,”

“Oh, spit it out,” Louis said like a kid.

“Calm down. I bet you’ll regret asking me that,” I said with a grin. “Everyone was at the school gymnasium when my friend asked me to come with her and get something from her locker. I agreed since the presentation was kind of boring. So we sneaked out. While we are walking on the hallway, the very same hallway I passed by, we heard a cry. A cry of a lady. The cry sent chill down to our spine,”

“And…?” Zayn asked.

‘We tried to ignore it but then every time we take a step forward, the cry becomes more deafening.  So we decided to go back instead,”

“And you did?” Sarah asked. I shook my head.

“No we did not,” I said. “My friend has to get something important. So she needs to get it no matter what. We are scared as hell but we decided to go instead,”

“Ohmygosh. You’re scaring me!” Emma said.

“Bless the brave souls,” Liam said as he looked at me, seriously listening to my story.

“I’m not,” I said. “And I am not a brave soul,” I added.

“You are! You went there!” Jacey said.

“Because we have to. It’s badly needed,” I said. “We have not choice anymore but to go on though we are getting as white as a sheet of paper,”

“Just continue your story,” Zayn said. I nodded and I looked to Harry who was already hugging the pillow into his chest. Haha. Someone is getting scared.