The Search

Harry's POV

I tiptoed to the kitchen as silently as I could.  My eyes are still sleepy but I need water to quench my thirst.  I can't understand myself at all these past few days.  I have been dreaming things I couldn't clearly see. They were all nothing but a blur. And when I try to decipher and see what these dreams are,  I grow frustrated because I can't understand a thing. 

And tonight,  I was dreaming the same thing over and over again.  I am a vampire but it felt like I am all human.  Vampires don't dream either asleep or not. That was the weirdest thing about me.

As I got to near to the kitchen door,  there was a commotion.  A commotion most likely made by human.  And by the smell of it,  it tells me its by a human at all.

I got to the kitchen,  lit up by the moonlight, shining through the window.  The shadow of the moon casts a shadow overhead.  But as a vampire or as they say that I am,  I can clearly see the sorroundings. 

When I was about to open the refrigerator,  which was on the left side,  the door of it slammed close. There I saw Adrielle with a carton of milk on her hand and a cookie on the other one.

"Jesus Christ Harry, " she muttered as she saw me.  "You could kill me with that, "

"Milk and Cookie in the middle of the night?" I asked.

"Midnight Snack,  ever heard of that?"

"I did but its already 2 am.  Midnight is at 12." I told her.  She rolled her eyes and turned the lights on. 

"Whatever,  I am hungry, " she growled. She sat down on one of the stools in the counter.

"Diet?" I asked.

"You mind?" she asked sarcastically.  Her mouth full of cookie crumbs and few are falling from the cookie.

"I don't like seeing girls eating less when they should eat a lot, " I said.  "Every girl is beautiful whatever they are or what body they are in," I said,  her staring at me. 

"Whoa.  Touchy, " she said and continued to eat.

"Why are you awake anyway? You are always sound asleep at this time of the dawn, " I said.  "And don't you dare to say that you are hungry,  because I know there is a real reason why, "

"You actually know,  then why ask?"

"I really don't know the reason but I know something is up, " I honestly told her. She stared at me blankly.  "Mind to tell me?"

"We are not close. Why would I trust you?" she asked.

"Because we are allies somehow though we are acting like cat and dog, always after each others tails, " I said.

"As if that would convince me," She said with her mouth full of cookie crumbs. "We are not this close. Don't assume."

"Fine.  I don't even care.  I was just trying to help you, " I said as I looked inside the refrigerator,  taking out a carton of milk and sat down on the stool right across her. "I will just sit here and drink my own milk. I ain't will be talking shit."

"Good," she mumbled as I started to drink milk and stared at her. She was glancing at me when she realized that I was staring at her.

"What the heck?" she hissed. "What the fuck are you staring at?" she asked, irritated.

"What?"

"You said that..."

"I said 'I ain't will be talking shit.' I never said I will not stare at you,"