Chapter 20: Winner

"This is a tale of humans, beasts, and beings from other worlds. A tale of a girl who wants to surpass the strongest; no this is their tale. A tale of hope. A tale of Flaming Light."

As the dust produced from the explosion of Tesla's Storm catastrophe settles, the view becomes clearer. The remaining part of the elevated fighting platform raised by Damian has been completely flattened back to its original state.

Tesla gradually descends to the ground, with the giant ethereal glaive just above her while the rest of the contestants, Dubnet, Serena and Teru are lying on the ground except for Dayve.

Tesla is surprised by Dayve's absence and looks intently to locate him on the fighting platform but while still in mid-air, out of nowhere, a crack in space, like glass breaking, appears behind her. Dayve suddenly dashes out with his fist covered in a mix of normal flames and unique crimson flames, he unleashes his technique, the explosive powerful punch, Lion's fury. Tesla's giant ethereal glaive swiftly moves to defend her and while she is still turning to face Dayve, Dayve's punch makes a tremendous impact with the glaive, breaking through it.

At this moment, she whispers, "I've lost."

The collision releases a gigantic shock wave in a vertical manner, which cuts deep into the ground about twelve feet (12 ft) and creates a massive explosion that sends Tesla flying meters away, out of the fighting platform and slamming her into the ground.

BOOOMMMM!!!!!

The action was so fast that only a few were able to actually see what happened. All they could tell was that Tesla was down now and Dayve was standing.

"What just happened?!!" the commentators shout.

"It seems Dayve has taken the lead. Is this the final end of this year's Battle Royale Tournament?!" they add.

Dayve stands on the battleground, panting heavily and looking quite worn out.

"That was a non-lethal version of Lion's fury, so she should just be knocked unconscious. That being said, I had to use spatial translocation plus two lion fury and way of the light today, now my power has been completely zapped. I honestly did not think this tournament will be this much draining but it seems I was wrong. I still have much growing to do to become strong enough to take on that man," he says to himself.

At the royals viewing room...

Luxxi, queen of Stormville, is quite surprised. Farads, king of Stormville, adjusts his glasses and says, "Well, that was quite... unexpected."

Darius, king of Darkville, claps and says, "Interesting, he can also use dimensional techniques too."

"Humph!!!" Draem, king of Psyville, scoffs. "Ruby, it seems your abilities also live in your child. What a waste of potential you truly were," he says to himself.

Marcus smiles and states to Phoenix, "Spatial translocation, truly his mother's son."

"Indeed, Ruby Blaze will be smiling wherever she is," Phoenix replies.

Back at the battleground...

Echelone, the referee for the event, begins to countdown as all other participants are down except for Dayve. Campione, one of the judges who was watching from high up in the sky begins descending to the ground. When she is halfway through, she pauses and smiles. "Interesting," she says.

"Five, four, three, two--," Echelone counts down but before he can finish saying one, Serena staggers to stand up and so does Dubnet.

"Wait...this is not... over yet," Serena stutters. Teru is knocked out as he overexerted himself during his battle with Damian. Tesla is out of the fight as the countdown just finished and she is still lying on the ground outside the fighting platform. Unable to move, she struggles to open her eyes and looks at the clouds.