Chapter 7: Battle Royal Tournament: The Curtain Rises

"WOOWW!!! Magnificent!!! What an excellent performance at the second event!!!" the commentators scream from their seats.

"That was indeed a very powerful and terrifying display of power by Earthville's Prince Damian Ignition and Stormville's Tesla Silver. As expected of the great king Gray's son. Incredible!!!" they say.

"Don't also forget that astonishing power boost by Dubnet against Mr. Hachi. All in all, they were all amazing," one of the commentators adds.

After the display of Damian and the others, the spectators are in awe and remain silent for a while then some start shouting in applause of the wonderful show.

As the loud cheers of the multitude that gathered roars through the entire arena, some start chatting among themselves about the competition so far.

"Interesting, it is indeed as expected of your son, Gray," Phoenix says, turning to Gray. Gray just sits there, unfazed.

"However, the battle royale tournament is where we shall see their true strength," Phoenix adds.

"Brings back memories, does it not?" Gray replies with a calm unbothered expression on his face.

"Hmph!!!" Phoenix smiles a little.

"Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests, our dear kings and queens, the time for the battle Royale tournament is finally here. The remaining twenty four participants will be grouped in threes and contest among themselves with one winner emerging. But before that, we shall now proceed for a break so that the participants can be refreshed while you can enjoy the many delicacies the great Glory Academy has prepared for you all," the commentators announce.

The kings stand and take their leave with their queens and escorts. Phoenix is about to walk through the exit door when a very huge muscular man, about thirteen feet in height, appears, standing at the door. The man, has behind him, three other huge muscular men, all about nine feet in height and a woman, slim but looking quite fit, about eight feet four inches in height having an afro Mohawk, also carrying a long staff. Also, beside the huge man, is another woman, same height with the Mohawk lady, beautiful with a very fair skin, having a gentle yet vicious look. She is wearing a silky sleeveless emerald gown with a golden sash hanging on her right shoulder. The thirteen feet man has black full medium hair, packed behind in three locks and also lots of beard packed in three places. His facial expression is like that of furious tiger ready to devour its prey. His eyes are black in color and he is clad in cream-colored sherwani (long coat-like garment), a pair of dark brown trousers and a pair of huge black boots.

He just stops, standing at the door, glaring down at Phoenix.

"Quite the late comer you are, Goryu Futen, Windville's great giant king. Oh it's Galedom now right?" Phoenix says looking up to and smiling at Goryu, the eight feet man.

"Good to see you and your lovely wife Nadi," Diana adds.

Nadi, the lady standing beside Goryu, replies in a slow intriguing manner.

"Diana, quite the long time it has been, hasn't it?" she says.

"Hmph!!!" Goryu sighs.

"Phoenix, king of Lightville, kid, you're in my way," he says with quite the deep and raspy voice.

"Kid? Old fool, do you want to have another beating so badly?" Phoenix replies, glaring at Goryu, with a smile on his face.

"Move," he adds, smiling.

"What?!" one of the men behind Goryu, screams. Goryu uses his hand to stop him from making any further movement.

"Move!" Phoenix repeats, this time with a stern look on his face. For a second it becomes hard to breathe for those around, except Goryu, Diana and the lady behind Goryu though she struggles a little to breathe.