Chapter 26: Prelude to chaos 6

Previously on Flaming Light... Kiiara arrives in time to defeat Alsalasil and save her sister Serena alongside their friend, Dia. However, after the battle, Darius Black, current king of Darkville unexpectedly shows up with a menacing aura.

Intro: "This is a tale of humans, beasts, and beings from other worlds. A tale of sacrifice, chaos and hope. A tale of a girl who wants to surpass the strongest but at what cost? No, this is their tale. A tale of Flaming Light."

Currently:

Kiiara, Serena and Dia continue staring at Darius and are wondering what his motives are for being there at that time.

Serena speaks up and asks, "What business do you have with my sister?"

Darius, with his black filled eyes having white iris surrounded by a purple glow, directs his intense gaze at Serena, takes a moment to reply and says, "Interesting, Serena Falcon, twin sister of the embodiment of destruction, it would be fascinating to have you in this conversation as well. Very well, I will entertain you as well."

He turns his gaze to Dia with no change in facial expression and then looks back at Kiiara.

"Alright, let's get this started," he says and snaps his finger.

Immediately, dark clouds surround himself and the girls. Serena notices and is quick to react. She swiftly puts up her guard while trying to forcibly activate her light awakening state again. However, Darius calmly utters the word, "Sleep." Instantly Serena's activation of light awakening shuts down and she falls to her knees, as does Dia although Kiiara is still standing. The ladies become unable to move any part of their body.

Kiiara gasps in fear knowing that they do not stand a chance if they were to suddenly fight Darius. "This... is a freaking king!" she says to herself.

"I have absolutely no chance of winning with my current skills or power but maybe if I can activate that mode again, I can at least get my sister and Dia to safety." Kiiara tries to activate the flaming mode she used in defeating Alsalasil however, Darius stares at her and smiles. Kiiara notices her body is unable to move and that she cannot reach the universe that is within her to activate her technique.

Darius tucks his hands into his pockets, takes a few steps towards Kiiara and says, "I told you let's have a chat right?" Kiiara frowns and replies, "What business do I have with a King? If you are trying to use me to get to my father amidst all the confusion, you will not succeed!"

Darius lets out a menacing chuckle and declares, "Surely I have some business with Phoenix but that is for another day. Maybe my actions today will even expedite that business. Nonetheless, little one, I have come to ascertain if I should actually kill you or not."

Kiiara is shaken up and responds, "Huh? What did you just say, old man?"

"Old man? Have you lost your sense of respect, brat?" Darius replies. He continues, "I said, I have come to decide if I should end your life. But before I do that, I would like to find out your response on some things I am pondering on. And who knows, depending on your answer, maybe I will spare you for now."

Serena is fuming but she is unable to move her body at all so her expression remains unchanged. Darius turns to her and says, "I guess you must be fuming, hearing this about your twin sister."

He turns back to Kiiara and continues, "Why is your death of importance, you may ask? Simple! It's because you are the living embodiment of destruction and a universal catastrophic disaster just waiting to happen. I'm sure by now you know that you possess a power which to the best of my knowledge, is capable of obliterating any and everything. I noticed this from your display at the tournament and if not for Phoenix, you would have rendered your sister and everyone on the battlefield non-existent. Your grandmother Sarah had this ability however so did one of your ancestors, Ainx Falcon and the world will never forget the tragedy he brought to existence itself," Darius says to Kiiara.