Chapter 8: Battle Royale: Kiiara Vs Sienna Vs Serena

"Astonishing that our two daughters will be competing against each other at the start," Diana says to Phoenix.

"Not just that, they put three participants from Lightville against each other," Phoenix replies.

"Say, should we bet?" Diana suggests.

"Bet on our daughters? What kind of parents are we?" Phoenix responds.

"I'm going with Serena," Diana quickly insists.

"Ugh!! We didn't even say start. Alright, I'll go with Kiiara then," Phoenix replies.

"My win, your treat. You know what that means," Diana says, winking at Phoenix.

As the battle Royale tournament kicks off with exuberant applause from the beholders, Kiiara makes a quick run for Serena and launches a horizontal kick with her left leg but Serena quickly spots the attack.

"She'll use her left leg to parry," Kiiara discerns, as Serena uses her left leg to parry Kiiara's attack.

"Alright," Kiiara says to herself. Before her leg and Serena's leg make a connection, she flings her right leg, making a half-spin and using it to land a kick at the back of Serena's shoulder. At once, Sienna appears, thrusting in with her right hand to strike Kiiara but Kiiara quickly bounces off Serena's shoulder and creates a good distance between them, evading the attack. As she is about to put her feet on the ground, she tosses two knives at Sienna who waves them off with two fingers of her right hand which are clad with pink lightning.

Serena quickly jumps forward and turns, leaving a good distance between herself and Sienna. Sienna immediately faces Kiiara and dashes to attack her. Kiiara returns the gesture by also moving towards Sienna and when there is little proximity between them, Sienna thrusts her pink lightning clad fingers at Kiiara. Kiiara evades the attack by jumping up, placing her hand on Sienna's shoulder and making a long flip in the air, sends some knives against Serena who easily dodges each of them. Kiiara then lands at Serena's back but before she can completely turn to face Serena, Serena already appears ready to punch her.

"Right fist," Kiiara says to herself and evades Serena's attack without even looking.

"Spin and right leg," she thinks to herself. Immediately, Serena does a spin and launches a kick with her right leg which Kiiara quickly turns and blocks with both her hands. The kick pushes Kiiara back a bit.

"What?" Serena is surprised at how well Kiiara is evading and blocking.

"Can't let this go on for long now. Time to do this," Kiiara says to herself.

"Eagle eyes," she adds, as her sparkling blue eyes turn glistening gold in color and she dashes off, launching several attacks of kicks and punches against Serena.

"Heh," Serena giggles, dodging Kiiara's attacks.

"Your eagle eyes give you a better and clearer perception, allowing you to move at a speed faster than usual. Impressive," Serena comments.

"Nevertheless, how is it that you're able to easily counter my attacks?" Serena questions, as Kiiara parries her attacks.

"Heh, we've trained together for so long, what do you think? I can predict some of your moves at least," Kiiara replies with a smile, as the attacks go on.

Sienna immediately rushes in and is just about an inch away from striking Serena from behind when Serena, being aware of this, makes a quick backflip, evading the attack.

Simultaneously,

"Way of the light: Dazzling space," Kiiara says. Suddenly, huge beams of light shoot out from the knives Kiiara had earlier thrown and the entire mid-section of the fighting platform is illuminated with intense white light, one can hardly see what is going on there.