Chapter 17: Serena's Light Awakening

"This is a tale of humans, beasts, and beings from other worlds. A tale of girl who wants to surpass the strongest; no this is their tale. A tale of hope. A tale of Flaming Light."

As the dust settles around Serena's location, with everyone waiting in anticipation to see the winner of the duel, a huge pillar of white lightning with slim blue glow bursts forth, clearing all the dust. The pillar ascends high into the sky and fades away.

Serena is seen standing, her hair flowing upwards, enshrouded completely in the white lightning, her gold colored eyes are now lustrous blue discharging tiny sparks of lightning. Her entire body is enveloped in sparks of white lightning and her gaze is fixed on Maka. There is also a mysterious white item glowing in the middle of her forehead. The pressure around Serena becomes quite monstrous causing sturdy vibrations and generating cracks in the ground.

This new development throws everyone into a state of amazement. 

Diana bursts into loud laughter. "Hahaha!!! Finally! That's my baby!!! Show them your true power," she yells loudly, smiling. Phoenix looks at Diana and chuckles, seeing the excitement in her eyes.

"I think I see where you got your 'rascality' from," May whispers to Kiiara. Kiiara giggles and smirks, "What rascality?"

"Anyway, what is that power?" May asks, astounded by the power released from Serena. Even the other kings and queens are amazed too.

"The lightning is even reaching all the way here, incredible," Draem, king of Psyville, says.

Gray, King of Earthville, adjusts his sitting position and is now more focused on Serena.

Luxxi Hertz, Queen of Stormville, fixes her gaze on Serena and thinks to herself, "That certainly looks like white lightning but it does feel different. Could it be the legendary Heavenly lightning that I've heard about?"

"Interesting, it seems Serena's Light Awakening has unveiled the special gift of Heavenly lightning for her," Diana, says within herself and begins laughing out loud.

"My, my, seems she has realized it too. Only very few have an idea of the existence of Heavenly lightning. This is truly quite the surprise," Phoenix says, looking at Diana.

Back at the fighting arena,

Serena stands confidently, with her gaze set on Maka. She thinks to herself, "So this is the Light Awakening mom was talking about, it feels so energizing like I just received a huge upgrade. With this, I don't feel like I can lose."

Maka shouts, "It doesn't matter what new trick you have, this is the end!!!" And immediately, she forms on her palm, a ball of red aura emanating a large amount of heat about to unleash it against Serena. 

In an instant, she feels something on the right side of her face as she hears a voice saying, "Give it up Maka, as I am now, you have no hope of winning... at all." Serena's leg is on her face and before Maka can react, the kick makes a heavy impact. With a booming sound and a streak of lightning, it sends Maka crashing into the ground of the fighting area.

All other participants of the battle royale tournament are taken aback by the sheer speed and power just displayed by Serena. Tesla notices something strange about Serena.

"What's this? All her injuries have been healed in an instant, what kind of ability is that?" Tesla says, pondering out loud.

"It's not just her injuries, even her energy has rejuvenated," Dayve states.

Campione watching from a distance, still floating in the air, is intrigued by this. "Light Awakening, What a cheat move. It instantly heals every injury of the user, replenishes their energy level and gives a massive boost. However, such extreme is only achieved by those who possess the heavenly white light. Serena seems to be one gifted with such Emperor class abilities. A potential emperor class versus a Celestial dragon, how wonderful. I'd really like to see the winner of this battle," she says within herself, smiling and with her arms folded.