Past Mistakes

Christian's P.O.V:

The next couple of days passed by in a blur. I tried not to wreak havoc in the kids and Anna's lives as I wanted to see what their life was like here. I just wanted to know how they have been living for the last couple of years.

In these two days, I fully understood why Anna looked as exhausted as she did when I first saw her in Seattle. She is constantly on the move, between her job, taking care of the kids, the house and everything else; she barely has any time to breath let alone relax. After breakfast on the first day, Ted left to his job while Anna left to go to work and Katy went with her as she had missed her mom and didn't want to let go of her. I really wanted to see Anna's office and tried to talk her into letting me drive her there but she blatantly refused. "Christian, I know that you just want to be close to us, but this is not a joke. This is my job; it is enough with all the paparazzi and rumours. I really don't want to give them any more ammunition against me" she said stubbornly. "Anna, I am not trying to mess up your life or anything; I just want to be involved in your lives more." I looked down at Katy that was sitting next to her mom and said "Especially after being told that your office is nicer than mine by the little munchkin". Katy started laughing at that and said "Oh, yes mommy they don't have any place fun, it is all sad there". After that we had to tell Anna about the kids experience when they came to Grey House and that pissed Anna off. I had to tell her more than once that the issue was taken care of before she calmed down. Then she found out that her boss was the one taking care of Grey Publishing in her absence and flipped again "Christian, are you for real? Did you do that on purpose? I thought that we agreed after the divorce that you will leave us alone. Are you the reason I got my job? Did you seriously get involved in my career again? How dare you? Who do you think you are?" She started yelling and Katy looked scared just staring at Anna. "Ana calm down you are scaring Katy. I didn't interfere in your life, trust me if I did I would have been here years ago." That silenced her. "I had no idea that you were working in his company to be honest, until Katy saw him in my office and hugged him. So calm yourself down and stop accusing me of shit I didn't do".

"Ohh, Daddy said a bad word" Katy jumped up saying "you need to put a dollar in the dollar jar." She ran out of the room while I sat there confused. Until she came back and made me put a dollar in a weird jar. After that Ana dropped the topic and just took Katy and went to work while I met with Sawyer and Taylor to discuss security.

They were working on Ted's situation and Sawyer was liaising with the police department in Denver who were really helping. So, I spent the two days there just watching the kids live their lives from the side-lines. I spent a lot of time with Katy though as I picked her up from Anna's the first day. I was shocked to see the massive day care and play area that they have. It gave me an idea of doing something similar in Grey House for all the parents that have to leave their kids with babysitters or in day cares. I am sure having the kids so close to the parents really helps ease their worries and I was really glad Anna had this kind of support while juggling three kids on her own.

I tried to get involved in the kids lives as much as possible, but they were too independent for that. Only katy let me in so easily. The other two were really guarded, especially that I barely saw them Ted spent an unhealthy amount of time alone in his room, doing God knows what "Ana, is Ted always in his room like that? What does he do up there all this time?" I asked. "Actually, he used to spend a lot of time outside playing basketball but ever since the accident he spends a lot of time in his room. I try to get him out as much as possible, but for now I think that he is studying, he only has a couple of months left in school and I am sure going to college is stressful for him. He will come out when he feels like it, please don't invade his private space." She said, more like ordered.