What daddy?

Christian's POV:
Sitting among my children felt amazing. For the first time in forever I felt complete. We were all sitting in the living room with Katy jumping around. We were talking about everything and nothing and it felt great.

Later, Katy came downstairs carrying a doll that is bigger than her. She sat on the floor and started playing around with it, while we sat around the living room.We spent the whole afternoon in the house for Ana had some work to do. Apparently she has alot on her plate that she can't take a day off like I proposed.

As time passed I suggested going out for dinner but once again Ana rejected because she had alot left to do. Pheobe left for some last minute training with her team while Teddy locked himself in his room saying he is going to take a nap. That's how I ended up alone with Katy for the first time.

Thedore was hesitant at first about leaving her with me but I promised him that I will keep an eye on her and that nothing would hurt her. He reluctantly left us and headed upstairs while Kate, Elliot and there kids went to Kate's parents for the weekly family dinner.

I sat there replying to emails while Katy played next to me. Every now and then I looked at her to make sure she was okay. Katy's sudden cry startled me as I was focused on the email response that I was typing. I crouched next to her on the floor as she sobbed.

I tried to talk to her but she just sat there crying and whimpering. "Baby, Katy what is wrong? Are you hurt?" I asked as I checked her body for any sign of trauma but found none. "No" she hiccuped as she cried. "Then what is it? Come on baby, tell me and we can fix it. Just please stop crying." I begged her for her tears shattered my already broken heart to a thousand pieces. "My dolly." Was her answer as she pointed to her headless doll that was now lying on the floor.

I can't believe she cried like that for a stupid doll. She scared the shit out of me for a freaking doll. What the hell. I was furious but I tried to keep my composure. "Ohhh let me see it." I said as calmly as I could as I she handed me the doll.

I tried to put the head back on but it was broken beyond repair. So I tried to find a way out. "Mr. Grey can u fix it?" She said slowly her voice calming me down. "I don't know baby, it seems that her head was ripped off." I said trying to figure something out. "Nooo" she wailed. "I want my dolly." She said again.

"How about we get you a new dolly?" I said trying to stop tears from falling. "A new dolly?" She asked confused. "Yes baby girl we will get a new dolly. Whatever you want just please stop crying." I said pleadingly. "Yayy a new dolly." She said jumping up and clapping as a huge smile broke on her face. I can't believe I was the reason for that beautiful smile.

"Ok then go put some shoes on for we are going to get a dolly." I said standing up. She jumped up and ran towards the stairs then she suddenly stopped and turned around. "But I have to tell mommy." She said looking at me. Shit there is no way Ana would agree to me taking Katy alone. "Yeah you are right let's go tell mommy together." I said as I picked her up and headed towards Ana's room.

We stood outside the door as I knocked before Katy jumped out of my arms and just opened the door. "Mommmy." She yelled. I walked inside the room after her. It felt weird to be standing in a room with Ana knowing that it is a room we would never share. I felt the loneliness and sadness creep up my heart again as I walked into the room and towards Ana's slouched figure by the desk. "Mommy, mommy" Katy kept repeating as she shook Ana's body who has fell asleep while working. She looked exhausted as she raised her head and tried to wipe the sleep out of her eyes.

"What do you want baby?" Ana asked her voice raspy. "Mommy can I go with Mr. Grey to buy a dolly?" She asked. "What?" Ana said jumping up. This was the time for me to interfere I think because there is no way Ana would let me take Katy without a fight. "Katy's doll broke so we were planning on getting her a new one." I said startling Ana for she hadn't noticed my presence in the room just yet. "Offcourse not." Was her reply as she turned around and glared at me. As she was looking at me it was the first time I noticed the black circles under her eyes. She looked drained as her eyes locked with mine in an intense gaze.