Father of the Year

Christian's POV:

I moved away from the bed and back to my chair where I sat down. When Anna returned from the bathroom she was shocked to see me waiting but I still had alot to talk to her about. Now that we cleared the air and she didn't say a definite no to giving me a chance it's time to focus on other things.

"Ummm is there anything you want?" She asked after the shock wore off. "Yeah actually there are a couple of things that I want to discuss with you. So why don't you take a seat?" I said calmly pointing at the bed facing me. "Christian please I am tired. We already talked and I told you that I need time. This is not giving me time, please." She said exasperated. "Ana, I said that I will give you time and you have my word that I won't open the topic again until you are ready. But now I want to talk to you about something else. So please calm down and take a seat." I said as she nodded her head and walked to the bed sitting on it. "Okay what is it?" She asked.

"It's about the kids.. I don't want to do anything behind your back. So I wanted to tell you that I asked Welch to look into all Teddy's medical reports.." She cut me off before I could continue "what? Why?". She asked as her entire bode tensed. I can't believe it, she knows how much I hate being cut off while in the middle of the sentence. But now isn't the time for this so I counted to ten before continuing "because I want to make sure that he is fine. I want to send his reports to the best doctors.. I want to help him but the only way to do this is to understand him. Since he isn't willing to talk then reading his reports is my best option." I said. "I swear he had the best treatment there is. Danny is one of the best cardiologists in the country. Do you seriously believe that I would risk my child's health by not offering him the best?!" She asked pissed.

"Ana I am sure that you did your best and provided him with the best but I just want to check. Please I wasn't there for him when everything went down so just let me be of aid now." I said. "Yeah okay that's alright. But don't go digging into our lives. Try to control your stalking tendencies." She said pointedly. It's obvious that she doesn't want me to know something and I am kind of positive that it's her financial status specially her hospital bills.

"Don't worry I promised you that I would give you time so I assure your privacy is still intact. I won't come close to it." I replied trying to reassure her so she won't pull away. I need to ease back into her life I can't just shove myself back in. "Okay great." She said relaxing a little bit. Good.

"Yeah but I there are a couple of things that I want to know about... I don't want to go dig for information behind your back so I would be glad if you tell me yourself." I said making her tense again. "Umm yeah okayyy sure." She answered nervously. "Ana it looks like you are overworking yourself.. You spent the entire time here working and going back to work.. May I ask you why?" I asked trying to word my sentences correctly as not to hurt her or show her that I know that she is struggling financially. "Well I have a really demanding job and I can't take a break whenever I feel like it so yeah I have to get back to it. Also, the last couple of months I took alot of days off to stay with Teddy while he was at the hospital so now I have to make up for all the lost time." She said looking at the wall behind me which is the first sign that she is hiding something.

She knows that I can read her like a book but still decide to hide things from me. What the hell. "Ana what are you not telling me? Come on You know me better than this. You were never good at keeping secretes from me." I said smiling as she kept looking at the wall getting on my nerves. I knew what she was hiding but I wanted her to tell me, I have the right to know these things. "Ana look at me" I demanded unaware that it came out as a command. Her head snapped back towards me so fast I was afraid that she was going to get a whiplash. "Don't use that tone with me." She gritted out. "I am sorry, I didn't mean for it to be that harsh. But just tell me what are you hiding?" I said softly trying to make her relax again for it seems that she has shut down and is building walls around her again. "Ana please." I said again.