Time to go back

Christian's POV:

The gala dinner has been perfect. For the first time in years, I walked in with my family in tow. My two daughters and son, if only Anna could have joined us.

I called her last night and begged her to come, yes, begged. Christian Grey begged his ex-wife to join us for the gala. But, she refused saying that she has work to do and that she has no reason to be at the Grey's family event. She will forever be a Grey, how can she say that she has no place in a family event.

At least I know my kids would be there with me. Phoebe loved her diamond necklace and tennis bracelet, even if she said that I didn't have to get them for her. The smile that broke out on her face when I handed them to her was enough to lighten my mood for the next decade. My little girl hugged me. I know it might sound weird but ever since I got back with them, this was the first time I feel that I have done something right.

She looked flawless in her dress and makeup and every single eye was on the recent addition to the Grey clan. Since Ava and kevin always invited some of their friends for these events and now some of our business partners brought their teenage kids, the gala was full of young teenagers.

Before we made our debut at the party, I had to pull Sawyer aside and said "I don't want a single boy near Phoebe. Whatever happens you keep your eye on her all night long." I don't plan on leaving my kids alone but I wanted to make sure that she would be safe. God knows what these teenagers do these days. He started laughing before I glared at him to show him how serious I was "okay sir, I'll keep an eye on her." he said nodding before walking away.
We took some pictures in front of the photographers, as I wanted to have some pictures with my beautiful family. If only Anna could have joined us. A lot of people came to talk to me but I made sure to never leave my children alone. Teddy was playing with Katy on his phone while Phoebe was just looking around. They had sat next to Ava, Kevin and their friends for sometime before coming back to their seats. It doesn't look like the cousins get along well.

"Hey Phoebe" I suddenly heard some one say as I was talking to the CEO of another company. "Ohh hey Josh, didn't see you here" Phoebe suddenly said as she stood up and hugged the stupid boy standing next to her. I glared at the boy until he let go of my daughter, "Didn't see me or were you avoiding me. You are not getting out of it this time, you still owe me a dance, remember " he said winking while Phoebe flushed red. I can't believe that stupid boy is trying to flirt with my daughter with me standing next to her. "hey boy, the lady doesn't want to dance with you. Go find some other partner" I said as I stepped in-front of him to keep him away from Phoebe. "Woah old man, calm down. I think she can speak of herself" he said rudely. I almost punched him in the face if it wasn't for Phoebe pulling me back. "Umm calm down, why are you making this weird. Everyone is looking..." she said looking around uncomfortably. Only then did I realize that people were looking at us. I gave them a smile and turned back to the boy who was smirking at me.

"We can dance" she said as she took the hand he put out for her. "Phoebe, what do you think you're doing?" I asked. "dancing" she said before she left with her hand in his.

They danced together for sometime, during which I planned a 100 ways that I could kill him. I would have gone there and ripped them apart if it wasn't for the smile on Phoebe's face.
The rest of the night went good, and by the time the gala ended everyone was exhausted. Thus, we went to bed directly after getting back home.

The next day, Phoebe skipped her run, which was weird. However, when I went upstairs to check on her, I heard her having a conversation with her brother. "I need to be back home by tomorrow Teddy. Coach Sasha is so pissed at me" My heart fell when I heard this, I had no idea they were planning on leaving. I thought I had much more time left with them.
This time I decided to cut the conversation short, I knocked on her door and entered "Good morning guys". "Morning" they both mumbled. Looking at their phones, "what are you so focused on" I asked genuinely bewildered. It was like they were in another word "Ohh, we are checking flights to go back home."  I knew this was coming, but I just wasn't ready for it. "Already? Don't you still have some time before school starts?" I asked as I sat down next to Phoebe on the bed. "Not a lot actually, barely 5 days and honestly I have to get back to the gym. My coach is losing his mind" Phoebe said while Ted continued scrolling on his phone.

"But, weren't you training here." I asked, even if I knew how stupid that was. I was aware that the home built gym wasn't enough for her type of training. She spent the first couple of days training with Claude, until he came to me to say that she was out of his area of expertise. I recall the conversation like it just happened yesterday: "Excuse me sir, I know that I said I could help train your daughter in gymnastics but you didn't mention that she was an elite gymnast. I thought I would be teaching a little girl how do some backflips, not win championships for God's sake" He said walking into my office, which is not something he usually does. "Well, I had no idea she was that advanced" I said honestly "Yeah, sorry to say that I won't be of much to help her. She would need a gymnastics coach." "okay, then do you know any one?" I asked, ready to get her whatever she needed. "Well the thing is these things are different in gymnastics, with her level she would need one of the best coaches, and these coaches usual have specific gyms ad stuff. They don't do home visits or training for short periods of time." "Claude, just make it happen, I am sure a few thousand dollars might change their minds." I said, knowing that money spoke a lot in this world. "I'll try, but I can't promise you anything." He said walking out. In the end, a coach was swayed with the money, but Phoebe apparently knew him and doesn't like him so she rejected it. That's why she is leaving now.

"Ohh, I get that. But, you were here for only a couple of days. Isn't there anyway you can stay a couple more." I asked almost begging them to stay. "We have lives and responsibilities we have to get back to." Ted said, finally looking at me. "And, Mom has been alone for long enough. I don't like the idea that she is alone during this time. " He said and I had to agree with him. I really don't like that as well. She shouldn't be the one to be alone, if anyone should suffer from loneliness it should be. With that in mind, I agreed to let them go back. They are a family, and I have no right to separate them. "You are right. How about you leave tomorrow morning?" I asked. "Umm, yeah I am just looking up flights, I think there is one tomorrow at 7 am, that one would work. I just need to make sure that they have 2 or 3 seats next to each other. Katy isn't the biggest fan of flying, if you get what I mean." Ted said, as both him and Phoebe made a weird face. He really thought that I would let them take just any flight back home. They will be going back on the private jet, I am actually thinking of going with them to make sure everything goes fine. Form their facial expression; I am sure they won't be able to handle Katy alone on a flight. They are kids themselves. "Don't worry about that, I will make all the arrangements." I said as I sent a text to Taylor to set up everything. "You don't have to. We can manage to work it out. Even if we take an afternoon flight or such." Ted said. "Teddy, I am your father and I will be arranging everything. Don't worry about it. All you need to do is go get ready for the day. And call your mother and let her know that you'll be back tomorrow" I said standing up and leaving the room as they both mumbled a thank you.