Happy tears

Ana's POV:

Finally the doctor came out giving me some hope. "Miss Steele, I am glad to inform you that we found a match. The heart is being delivered to us right now while we are preparing Theodore for the surgery." Those words lifted my spirits up... He is going to be fine, Theodore is coming back to me.. No matter what I say nothing can explain the relief I felt at the time.

The heart was safely delivered and the surgery started. The doctor said it was going to take some time so we sat once again in the waiting room. But this time I was waiting with so much hope in my heart, my prayers were answered. He is going to be okay.. Thank you my dear Lord.

While waiting Pheobe and Ray started asking me questions about the accident. Only then did I realize that I actually know nothing about what happened other than the fact that a drunken driver caused the accident. I remember a couple of police officers coming here after I arrived the first time wanting to talk to Teddy and me but I just said I couldn't handle it and sent them away. One of the officers gave me his number and told me to give him a call once I feel ready to talk about what actually happened.

I decided to make use of my time as I dialed the number wanting to understand everything that happened that dreadful day. The officer answered immediatly and told me that he would rather explain everything in person so he is coming to the hospital. Barely half an hour later he came in to ease my mind "hello Miss Steele, hope your son gets better soon." He said shaking my hand "thank you,umm" "Detective Scott" he said.. "Yeah thanks, I just have a few questions about the accident. I actually know nothing about how or where it happened"

He sat down next to me as he started talking "well, we don't know much either.. There are a lot of things I am hoping to talk to your son about once he wakes up. But I'll tell you what we have so far.. Unfortunetly a drunken driver lost control over his vehicle leading to its collision with Samuel Hasting's car" I just gasped, I had no idea that Sam was with Teddy in the accident. "Sam was there? How is he? Where is he?" I asked shocked.. "Ohh You didn't know. I hate to be the bearer of such news but unfortunetly Sameul died on impact" I felt moisture on my cheecks as I realized I was crying once again. Sam is Teddy's best friend, heck he is like a brother to him. I can't believe he is dead. "The driver of the other car is in a coma, he took a hard hit on his head. But I think that the crash was more more than just an accident. Something doesn't add up. Let's hope Theodore would be able to clear things out for us when he wakes up." I was stunned "What do you mean more than an accident? Are you saying that someone was trying to hurt my baby?" He just shook his head "As I said these are just speculations, we will inderstand everything when your son wakes up. But do you have any idea if there is anyone who would try to hurt your son? " I stared at him, is he really asking me this "No off-course not. He is just a child why would anyone want to hurt him?" He sighed " I will leave you now and please when Theodore wakes up give me a call I need to talk to him. I have a few questions for him. Have a good day" he said while standing up and leaving.

I just sat there trying to understand everything I just heard. Sam is dead. Someone might have tried to kill my baby. I just can't handle this now all that matters is that in a few hours Theodore will be fine. I will have my little boy again. All this will have to wait till later.

Finally, after forever the doctor came out to give me the best news ever "the surgery went well, everything went according to plan. Your son will be up in a couple of hours." I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't stop myself as I threw myself at the doctor and engulfed him in a hug. "Thank you so much, thank you for saving my baby, thank you.." I kept thanking him until he smiled and told me he would be back later to check on him.

I sat next to Teddy waiting for him to wake up, praying to God that this time nothing would happen. Phoebe, Ray and Katy were waiting outside as only one person was allowed inside the room while he's still asleep. A couple of hours later I felt his hand twitch in mine. Finally I looked up to see his beautiful grey eyes staring back at mine. Just then I broke down in happy tears.. My baby is back. He is alive.. I just couldn't stop myself as I showered his face with kisses. He is back from the dead literally. Thank you dear God..

A.N:
I know things have been a little depressing but it all get's better with time. At least a couple of likes are needed for the next update. Cause the lack of likes right now is really discouraging and as I always say you're more than welcome to express your opinions.