Stay, Please

Anastasia's POV:
I stood there frozen in my place at the stairs with every step he took. When he got close enough to have his scent fill my nostrils I was brought back to reality. I took a step back away from him, I can't think straight when he is close. I need to be away from him, I need to leave.

"Don't get any closer." I said taking another step backward when he came forward. "Ana." He whispered, pained. "Please don't. I can't. I just can't." I said trying to make him understand. I need to be away from him, I need to think straight. It was then that I heard Theodore's voice "If I were you I wouldn't take any step closer." He said as he walked towards me seemingly understanding my inner turmoil.

"Please, just let us talk. Let me explain please. Don't leave, not again, not like this." He said pleadingly. Pain and grief laced his voice as he spoke and his eyes glazed over. He looked so weak and vulnerable like that, and I hated the fact that I was the cause of his pain. He looked like a broken man who was slowly losing his will to live, despite all the pain that he caused me I couldn't cause him any. I needed to ease his pain, my heart couldn't handle the fact that I am hurting him, the love of my life.

And that's why I made the rash decision to talk to him. To give him sometime to try and explain. I am going to give him a couple of minutes for the sake of old times only. "Fine, let's talk." I said exasperated and I saw his head perk up the moment he heard me. A heart stopping smile spread across his face melting my heart. No I can't think like that, I shouldn't think like that. I kept telling myself as I dragged my self downstairs to the living room. Only then did I realize that we had just put on a show for everyone, they were all standing around looking at the two of us.

I hated the fact that my girls saw me so weak, I am not weak or at least I don't want to be. I don't want them to be anywhere around us when we talk. I don't want my kids watch their mother fall apart again and again because of their father. That's why I asked Theodore to take them upstairs. "Teddy please can you take your sisters and head upstairs" I asked him as he shook his head. "I am not leaving you alone with him." He gritted out glaring at Christian. "Please Ted do it for me. It's just a talk nothing is going to happen." I said trying to convince him but knowing that my boy get his stubbornness from me. "You are not going to stay alone with him." He said again as he walked closer and hugged me "I am not going to let him hurt you again." He mumbled as he stood by my side. "I won't be alone with him. Kate, Elliot and his parents will be with us."
I said again trying to reassure him, even though I don't want to discuss our matters in front of others but Teddy is right there is no way I can handle being alone with him without falling apart.

Teddy seemed to be content with my answer as he finally nodded his head and turned towards Katy picking her up. "How about we go for a walk?" He asked her as she nodded energetically and said "can I get ice-cream also?"

"How about letting Taylor take you guys somewhere to get ice-cream?" Christian asked. Theodore quickly shook his head refusing while Katy jumped up and down from excitement chanting ice-cream, ice-cream. After some puppy dog eyes and pouts my kids along with Kate's headed towards Taylor who was going to take them out.

After they left I steered my body towards the couch and sat waiting for the talk to start. I am already emotionally and mentally drained that I don't know how I am going to handle such a conversation. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked after a couple minutes of tense silence where everyone sat there staring at me. I just want to get this over with so that I can go back home and get back to my life.

"Ana I am sorry for everything I did. I made my fair share of mistakes and I am paying the price but please don't leave, not again." He said pleadingly.

"Christian, I can't." I said exasperated. He doesn't get it. I need to protect myself from him. Staying here means staying close to him and that's not something I am ready for. I spent years away from him, trying to forget every single thing about him but the memories never left me alone. The wound he caused me is still open and bleeding to our very day and staying this close to him feels like rubbing salt on it.

For two days I have been trying to keep my distance from him, isolating myself in my room by working instead of joining everyone downstairs. For two days I couldn't sleep, eat, and even think properly knowing that he was this close to me. I can't keep on living like this, I won't be able to handle it.

"Anastasia please. Just stay for a couple more days. Just give me a chance, one chance to make it up to you guys. Give me a chance to right my wrongs." I can't believe Christian Grey is begging me, this Christian that's standing in front of me pleading with me is not the Christian that I know. My Christian was strong while this man in front me is weak, too weak.

"Christian I can't stay. I have work to do. I have a job to get back to." I said slowly trying to make him understand my position. I can't just sit here and leave everything behind. It is not possible.

"A few more days. A couple more Ana just give me some more time. Just take a sick leave from your job . " he said once again as if he was a broken record repeating the same words again and again.

"I can't take any more days off. I already used all my vacation days for the year." I said trying to negotiate with him. "Then just leave your job ." He said angering me once again. How could he say that. Does he actually believe that I would leave everything behind and come back crawling to him just because he wants me to.

"I can't and won't leave my job. This option is out of question." I said glaring at him. My job is a necessity for me and my kids, I can't afford to lose it. "Okay okay. What other options do you propose." Elliot asked trying to ease the tension in the room. "I am sorry but there is no other option than leaving. I have a lot of work to do and I can't afford losing any more time. So leaving tomorrow is not a choice"

I could see the way Christian's body was twitching as he was bitting his lip trying to stop the words from coming out. I was positive that none of these words were considerate to my situation so I am glad that he is keeping them in. "Okay so we have established that your stay here is impossible. But what about the kids? Can you leave them for a couple of extra days. Their spring break hasn't ended yet." Elliot asked once again catching me off guard.

Can I let them stay. Can I actually leave them here and walk away. Can I trust him with them, trust him not to hurt them or crush their souls like he crushed mine. These questions kept floating in mind as I sat there frozen to my seat.

A.N:
I actually updated a new chapter, your eyes are not betraying you. But all the support and amazing comments on the last chapter pushed me into writing more and more. And by the looks of it the next update will be soon since I am already done with half the chapter. Hope you like and sorry for the cliff-hanger but I actually love leaving you wondering. Comment your opinion and what do you think will happen next. Will Ana leave the kids with him, or is she going to take them with her?