Sushi is bad for you

Christian's POV:

I was still shaking after the conversation I had with Teddy, but I had to control myself for the sake of my children and my sanity. I knew Teddy was done talking about the topic when he left me and walked away so I called Welch and made sure that he has a team working on this. I informed him that by the end of the day I want a full report about that "accident", nothing was going to stop me from protecting my children.

Teds words however instilled a fear in me, a fear for every single member of my family. I haven't felt this way since Jack Hyde was free and targeting them. I called Taylor and informed him about the conversation I had with my son. "Sir, I still don't understand why someone would target Ted" he said shocked after I told him everything. "Me too Taylor, he almost died that night. The fear that the fucker instilled in him is so great that he wouldn't even talk about it. I feel that he was threatened to remain silent or the girls and Anna could be hurt." I answered as I recalled the chilling way he said that he can no longer keep them safe and neither can I.

"Don't worry sir, we'll double up the security on every single family member until this is resolved. I'll personally work with Welch on this as well. We'll get to the bottom of this before someone hurts him or anyone else again. I assure you." He answered in his military no nonsense voice. "Yeah, I am counting on that. Also, work with Sawyer on this, after all he was there when the accident happened and was with them in the hospital. He must have seen or heard something. He also knows much more about Denver than we do." I said as I recalled his presence with my son as he fought for his life. At the time I was pissed that I he didn't tell me about that but now I am glad that at least someone was there to protect him; or whoever was after him could have succeeded in ending his life. Just that thought makes me shudder as chills run through my body. I shake my head to clear my thoughts as Taylor assures me that he was planning on doing that already. After that we discuss the family plans and arrange security to ensure the safety of every single member of the family.

An hour later we were out of the house and on our way to the seafood restaurant, it was one of the best restaurants in the city and the best part is that paparazzi were not allowed inside. That's the reason I chose that specific place, the kids are not used to all this and after Ted's words I don't want to expose them more before the problem is resolved.

Katy and Phoebe were having fun while Ted remained alert and nervous. I couldn't keep my eyes off him especially with the way he kept looking around as if waiting someone to jump him. Even in the car ride here, he was shaking the whole time and his hand was clenched so hard I was afraid he was going to break the skin with his fingernails. At first I thought that it could be due to the car accident, he might not be comfortable in cars. However, I recall that he didn't have that issue the other times when we were going somewhere. This proved to me once again that he was more than just nervous, my boy was terrified and I couldn't do anything about it.

I tried touching his arm to calm him down but he just jumped up, glared at me and looked the other way. "Ted, we are safe here, no one and nothing will harm you. There are more than 10 security guards just making sure no one gets close. Trust me, nothing will happen." I whispered in his ear, all this stress is not good for his heart. He looked me in the eye as if to check if I was lying or not. I think he found what he was looking for as he relaxed a little bit before asking "Are you sure? There are a lot of people around" he tensed up once again as he looked around. "I am sure, you see that table over there" i said pointing at the table facing us full of men. He nodded his head as I continued "these are also security guards, the place is full of them. Trust me no one and nothing will hurt anyone here." He looked back at the table and then at me before nodding his head as he relaxed a little. He was still a bit tense and alert but it was better, I was happy that I was able to calm him down like this. It showed that he trusts me, even if it was a little bit, he trusts me and this alone was enough for now.