Feisty little thing

Anna's POV:

Being at home without the kids was very hard, I didn't think it would be that bad to honest. I couldn't function properly the whole time, however, it gave me a chance to fully focus on work and make up for all the time that I have lost lately.

I can't believe I invited Christian to come to our house, I am really embarrassed about it. He would the me for making his kids grow up in such a place, but honestly I was barely making ends meet in here. Getting a bigger house was definitely out of question. I saw the surprise on his face the moment he walked on, I was fully prepared for him to flip on me about it. But, not in a million years did I expect to see him tear up and apologise instead. Maybe, just maybe Christian Grey has actually changed.

The kids left us alone and I couldn't help myself, I had to invite him to stay with us. After all he is the kids father and they have every right to be close to him. I've been doing a lot of thinking after our conversation in Seattle and now I realize how much damage I might have caused with just leaving everything behind like that. I should have taken the kids opinion into consideration instead of just ripping them away from their father. I don't know what I would have done if someone ripped Ray away from me for such a long time. I will talk to the kids and apologize to each one of them for this; they look really happy and relaxed around Christian that I can't actually forbid them from bonding with him. They need their dad in their lives which was fully shown when Ted opened up to Christian and told him everything within a couple of days when I have been trying to extract information from him for the past months. I think a dad does give a feeling of safety, especially if it someone like Christian he knows how to make people around him feel fully protected; physically at least.

As I stood in the kitchen preparing breakfast I knew for a fact that after today our lives will never be the same again. The presence of Christian in the house and back in our lives lifted the dark shadow that had surrounded the house since day one. We were finally a family, at least they were. I still can't forgive Christian for what he did, nothing excuses cheating and I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him. Something inside me broke that night and nothing can repair it. However, I can't deny how much easier life would be with him around. It would certainly lift a lot of the pressure from off my shoulders.

We all sat together for breakfast, or at least did what we always do. Phoebe came running downstairs "Mom I am going to the gym for the rest of the day." She said as she went to grab a bottle of water "Will you be back for lunch?" I asked, "Not sure, but I don't think so. Sasha is pretty pissed off and I really need to get back in shape. I'll keep you updated" she said as she ran around making herself a small sandwich which I knew she will be eating on her walk to the gym. I anticipated this which is why I already packed her some lunch "here you go, please it all" I said as I handed her food before she stood up. "thanks, you're the best. Love you" she said as she took it from me and shoved into her bag. Christian cut her off before she could make it to the door "aren't you going to eat a proper breakfast?" he asked. She simply held up the sandwich in her hand "I will eat on the way, I can't be late". "Wait, I can drive you wherever you want, just sit down and eat". "thanks, but no thanks. I'll walk, it isn't too far". She replied. He stood up and said "its not even 8 am yet you shouldn't walk on the streets alone, that could be dangerous". She burst out laughing at this as sat there enjoying the conversation, Christian doesn't know what hit him. Phoebe might look like me but she is as stubborn as her dad, if not worse. "Walking there allows me to start my warm up early, I've walked this route for years at all times of the day, so don't worry nothing will happen. Now I am late and I am going to have to go. Bye" she said and rushed towards the door "Phoebe wait" he said again "Bye dad" she said before we heard the door shut. I am not sure why but Christian stood their pale but with a crazy smile splitting his face "Are you okay?" I asked, "She just called me dad, did you hear her? She just called me dad!!" he said pointing between me and the door. I burst out laughing at this, he was acting like Katy when she east too much ice-cream. He glared at me when he saw me laughing; I honestly thought she must have called him dad during their stay with him. Well, with Phoebe you never know what is running in her head. 

Christian was pulled out of his daze when his phone rang, here we go again. "yes taylor, yeah she said she wanted to run. Nop, don't manhandle my daughter just let her be and make sure someone follows her the entire way there." Typical Christian Grey and his crazy safety issues, he is going to end up with a grey head if he tries to enforce his crazy rules on the kids. But, I'll just let him figure this out on his own while I enjoy the show. "She did what?! Well, this should teach him not to try and mess with my baby girl she is a feisty little one" he said laughing and looking at me " Just like her mother" I can't believe he just said that. He hung up the phone and said "Phoebe kicked one of the security guards in the nuts because he tried to get her into the car". He said totally not amused "well, she was taught to never get in the car with strangers" I pointed out. "she met him on the way here from the airport so she knew he was no danger, he said that it came out of nowhere he had to no time to prepare himself as she hit him and ran away". "just so you know, she is trained in martial arts she can fully protect herself if she ever needs it. And tell your minions to keep their hands of my daughter or I'll chop them off". I warned him before going upstairs to check where Ted and Katy were.

A.N:

I know the chapter isn't the best and it was just a filler but I just felt like updating since I haven't done it in a while. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and have a happy new year!! I will try to update as soon as I can, I promise. Thank you for reading and for sticking with me this long.