We meet again

Theodore's POV:

The morning came pretty fast and I was getting ready to head to the university's campus with Aunt Kate. It was a long drive but we spent the whole time listening to music. It felt awkward to have a conversation with her because of the pity that was glowing in her eyes. She was babying me just like mom does. I didn't want to get close to her anyways because I don't want to get attached.

The campus was awesome and Aunt Kate kept telling me about her and mom's time there. On the way back we passed by Grey House's company.. Just seeing the building standing tall among everything brought back a lot of memories on my time spent there.

I remember all the times that Dad would take me with him to work where I spent the time in his office. He bought me a mini desk near his that I used to sit and color on while he worked. Those where some of the best memories I have with him. But then I remembered the time mom came back home sobbing as she took us and fled. I remember the long nights of hearing her crying through the walls of my room and I hate him.

Arriving back to the apartment with Aunt Kate We were met with one hell of surprise. There in the living room sat uncle Elliot and Christian damn Grey in the flesh. The moment we walked in and My eyes set on him I felt myself freeze. There sitting a couple of feet away from me was my own father that I haven't seen in years. Just looking at him I could see how much he has changed, he aged a lot through the years and his eyes looked so dull. All in all, he looked haunted.

The moment his eyes met mine we were standing there in a staring match. Both of us were just frozen staring at each other trying to anticipate the other's next move. That's until in seconds I saw him jump off the couch and launch himself at me taking me in one of the biggest hugs I have ever seen.

Just standing there wrapped in his arms gave me a feeling of safety that I had longed for, but then I remembered all the heart break he caused mom and pushed him away from me. He stood there frozen as hurt flashed in his eyes. I averted my eyes away from his as I greeted uncle Elliot who was still sitting on the couch looking at me. "Umm hi" was all I could make out as I went for a handshake but he surprised me with taking me into a hug "ohhh, Teddy I can't believe how much you have grown up." He said while patting my back "yeah, umm please just call me Theodore not Teddy..." I said as I pulled away from him. I got way too many hugs today and I didn't like that.

Christian or should I say dad was still standing in his place his eyes never wavering away from me. I just shook my head and addressed Uncle Elliot "thank you for letting me stay over" he just shook his head as he said "no need for that. We are a family. I just can't believe your standing here. I haven't seen you since you were just a baby and now you are so grown up." I just averted my eyes as I said "yeah it's been years."

Before I could continue my sentence my phone started ringing as I pulled it out of my pocket I realized it's mom she has been calling every hour or so. "Hey mom" I said as I excused my self with a finger and headed towards the kitchen "hey baby, how are you? How was your day?" "I am fine. Everything is fine." I contemplated telling her about meeting him but decided against it, this will just worry her. "Yeah mom the campus was amazing I really liked it. I will be back tomorrow in the evening." we just kept talking until she said that she wanted to talk to aunt Kate.

I hated that I had to go back outside and face him but well I can't tell her no without explaining why. And i am going to have to face him sooner or later. So I just headed outside and found all three having what seemed like a heated argument in the living room. "Umm, aunt Kate mom wants to talk to you."

As the words left my mouth all three heads turned towards me as dad said "Ana" in a pained voice while aunt Kate jumped up and took the phone out of my hand heading towards the kitchen. I just stood there awkwardly waiting for her to finish as I stared at the two men in front of me.

It was dad that broke the awkward silence "so Teddy how is she? And Phoe-?" I cut him off before he could continue "my name is Theodore not Teddy. So stop calling me Teddy." I said sternly. He just looked at me pained "ohh yeah right Theodore sorry. How is everyone?" "They are all fine and doing well. Not that you care." I answered him before turning around and heading towards the kitchen leaving him shocked on the couch.

Before i could reach the kitchen aunt Kate came out holding my phone. "You didn't tell her? Did you?" I just shook my head "no she will just worry. She has enough stress as it is no need to add more" i said as I took my phone heading towards the stairs " Thank you again for letting me stay I appreciate it. I had a long day and I'm tired. So goodnight every body." I said while heading to the guest room upstairs. I heard a chorus of good nights coming from behind.

Walking into the room I closed the door and leaned my head on it. I can't believe I met him again. I can't believe he is this close to me.But it seems that the last couple of years have been harsh on him. His entire body looks pained. But well he caused us all enough pain he deserves to feel some himself. But i couldn't stop wondering why he looked so deflated and hurt....