Past or future enemies??

Christian's POV:

I spent some time trying once again to stop the segment on my kids from being aired, but failed once again.

Claud came and I introduced him to Phoebe who was excited to know that he was a medalist in the olympics. They went down to the gym while I went back to my office.

The time for the segment came and the kids joined me in the living room as we waited for the bomb to drop.

The segment started with introducing me as One of America's richest men and then went on and on about my net worth and meaningless shit like this. The kids had no idea how much I was worth which was obvious from the shock on their faces as they heard the numbers.. They looked at me surprised and I just shrugged. It was no big deal, money means nothing when You have no one to share it with.

Then they started talking about the kids. "About 8 years ago, Mrs. Anastasia Grey along with her son Theodore and daughter Phoebe suddenly disappeared. The woman that always accompanied her husband all through their marriage suddenly fell off the face of Earth. Speculations were made, specially after news of the divorce surfaced... However to out day no one knows what really happened all those years ago. For 8 years none of Mrs Grey that is now Miss Steele or the kids were seen anywhere near their Husband and father. But now today we come to you with news on their disappearance. It seems that Miss Steele and after the divorce from Christian Grey went all the way to Denver to start a new life with her daughter and son. The reason that no one caught up with the kids, is that she changed their family names back to hers and now instead of Theodore and Phoebe Grey the kids carry the family name Steele."

Hearing this once again reminded me of the fucked up truth that Ana wanted to cut me out of their lives for good. She was even ashamed of having my kids carry my name.

"It seems that Miss Steele wanted nothing from Mr.Grey, not even his name. No prenup was signed before the marriage of Miss Steele and Mr Grey which came as a shock to us all, however and after the divorce we learnt that Miss Steele didn't take anything from Mr. Grey's money. She left every single thing behind as she took her kids and left. What could have made such a woman leave billions of dollars behind to become a single mother struggling to take care of her kids. The question remains unanswered"

The kids looked at me when they heard that and Ted scoffed and said "cheating does more than that" as he glared at me. I sat there silent because they were right, Had I not cheated on Ana that night we wouldn't be in this situation now. My selfishness and stupidity is what lead us to this now..

The reporter wasn't done yet as she continued "After all these years the kids surfaced again and are back with their father once again. It must have been one hell of reunion.." They started showing pictures of us in the mall, the car and the boat. "As you have seen there are now three kids instead of two, the newest addition the Grey clan or should we say Steele now is Katherine Hope Steele. This little girl is 7 years old which indicates that she was born merely months after Anastasia left. So most probably Anastasia left her husband while she was pregnant." They showed pictures of me carrying Katy as we headed towards the boat and zoomed in on our similarities, to show that she is mine...

"Now we followed the lives of these kids while they were separated from their philanthropic father for 7 years. It seems that Miss Steele did a great job in raising them. Katherine Steele was described as a very nice and loving girl by every single person we interviewed. As for Phoebe, she is a star in the making. This girl is an upcoming gymnast, she is considered one of the best in Denver. She competes on a national level in gymnastics and dancing. She is the captain of the dancing team that won nationals in Seattle this year. Moreover, she is known as the princess of the beam by everyone in the gymnastics community were she is going to compete for nationals at the end of this month.
She was described as one of the most focused and determined girls to ever try for a sport. So let's just say that she is a star in the making for the time being."

During that talk they were posting pictures of Phoebe while dancing and doing gymnastics in the background. I was proud of my girl and all her accomplishments, I had no idea she was that good and dedicated to her sport. Anastasia raised one fine young lady.

  I could see Ted starting to fidget and panic next to me because he knew that it was his turn now

I could see Ted starting to fidget and panic next to me because he knew that it was his turn now. What is he so afraid of, or who??!! The reporter cut me out of my thoughts as she kept going. "Theodore Raymond Steele is considered one of the best basketball players in Denver under the age of 18. He was a champion all through school and he was going to play through college as well until tragedy struck. Theodore was almost killed in a devastating car accident that happened about 5 months ago. He was in the car with his friend when another car hit them, causing the car he was in to flip and burst into flames later. Both drivers of both cars were killed on impact, Theodore was the only one to walk out of the accident. However, he didn't walk out of it injury free, he almost died in the hospital due to severe injuries on his chest and to his heart. After a couple surgeries, he walked out of the hospital for the first time in months. The trauma on his heart was so severe that he needed a heart transplant.. This crashed his dreams of playing professional basketball all together. While we were searching for some news on the accident that shook Denver at the time, we came across some disturbing news that stated the probability that the accident wasn't random. Someone was set on hurting Theodore and his friend Sammuel, but who could it be. Some evidence proves that this wasn't a mere accident however the only one with enough information to explain it all is Theodore who according to everyone we interviewed refuses to speak about the accident. Could the accident be related to Mr. Grey?? Could this danger be the reason Anastasia took her kids and fled Seattle all those years ago? Could it have been a plan to protect the kids from their father's multiple enemies?? Remember, that during the time Miss Steeele was pregnant with Ted she was kidnapped and hurt by Jack Hyde. Mr. hyde was charged with kidnap and attempted murder at the time and was sentenced to a lifetime in prison. Could this be a revenge somehow by Mr. Hyde or anyone else.?? We are searching for the truth and answers to all those questions. Thank you for listening" and she left the screen while we all sat there shocked at what we heard?? Could it actually be someone trying to hurt my son because of me... I have made hundreds of enemies throughout the year, could this be true. Before I could question Ted he stormed out of the room.

A.N:
Here you go another chapter that delves somewhat deeper into the kids lives in Denver along with some details on the accident. Hope you like it..

Oh my god guys, this chapter was supposed to be published last week but Wattpad is going crazy and didn't publish it apparently. I wasn't even getting any notifications of your comments so I had no idea that the chapter wasn't published. I'm really sorry but wattpad is literally driving me crazy with all these glitches.