Part 39: Out

As instructed Yoongi went home at twelve after a brief greeting with Jimin's parents who piled into the room once Yoongi was gone.

Jimin didn't have a chance to speak before his mother said "We've arranges a date with a beautiful young heiress of a coal mining company this weekend at the same place as normal." To which Jimin mumble "The place where the staff must think I'm a player..." getting ignored by his mother who carried on.

"It'd be a good source of additional income and would bring stronger ties and wealth so we highly encourage you to try and make this one work."

She carried on rambling with his fathers additions being the only noise in the room as he thought about his approach.

They were setting him up again on another date which he didn't want and he did say prior he was going to tell them he was gay which would fix the problem and it's not like he didn't doubt his parents would stop caring, they'd probably just change their search for a partner to Male from female until he found someone.

But he had found someone who just needed to act on it and it'd be the end of all the useless dates and maybe he'd get more just pure family time like the holidays when he was younger.

So he cut off his mothers compliments of the girl saying "I'm gay." And nothing more waiting for a reaction.

He kept his face how he did around his staff, emotionless but confident (and effortlessly attractive) waiting for a response and after a brief pause he got one.

And it was kinda expected.

"PARK JIMIN HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL YOUR MOTHER THAT SHE SHOULD'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A HUSBAND AND NOT A WIFE ALL THESE YEARS. NO WONDER YOU HAVEN'T SETTLED DOWN AND IM NOT A GRANDPARENT YET. I LOVE YOU BUT THIS WOULD'VE BEEN GOOD INFORMATION BEFORE WE LET YOU NATURALLY CHARM MOST OF THE ELIGIBLE YOUNG LADIES FROM OUR FRIEND COMPANIES. THIS COULD'VE BEEN RESOLVED YEARS AGO AND YOU COULD BE HAPPY!"

Jimin chuckled at the false exasperated expression on his mums face knowing that she was being extra although there was truth laying behind it - just like the Parks.

His father just shook his head mumbling "I could've been a grandpa by now." Before more clearly saying "I love you and I'm glad you finally told us this though. How long have you known?"

Jimin chuckled as he said "Years." Before rusting his head on his hands responding to his mother saying "And I am happy, there's a boy I like and I'm working hard to win his heart."

Both of his parents nodded before sitting back into their chairs saying "Well now what are we gonna do for the afternoon. We cleared it to convince you to go on a date which we can't if you like someone." To which Jimin proposed a normal family dinner.

And they agreed.

Over dinner Jimin May have gushed about his little crush so much to the point his mum was thinking of surprise visiting them at his house since Jimin had been fully open due to his parents already knowing about littles (only excluding Yoongi's past other than saying it wasn't the best.)

They both seemed happy with the boy their son was openly crushing on and they couldn't stop themselves from teasing him about how goofy his smile was thinking about the boy.

It was times like these Jimin enjoyed being around his family - just like when he was a child he was still sad that they were so rare.