Part 6: Sleeping on the job

Another two hours passed with nothing being said until the alarm Jimin set indicating he could sleep went off.

He looked over at Yoongi and called out "You can take a nap too." getting the elders attention.

Yoongi looked at him with hopeful eyes and he just smiled softly and nodded as if to confirm his confirmation before tapping on the giant bed he was already climbing onto.

Yoongi seemed hesitant but Jimin watched as he reluctantly walked over.

Yoongi's second love was sleep and the fact he only had a few hours the night before made him want to sleep even more than his normal desire to just stay asleep constantly.

Jimin rolled over to meet where Yoongi was sat and pulled the blanket up so he could get in more before placing it back over his hyung so that his head was the only thing peaking out.

He grabbed his phone and set an alarm before whispering "Let's get some sleep." and closing his eyes

Yoongi wasn't going to complain about getting to sleep during the job or getting to even sit on the extremely comfortable bed, which is why he just let sleep consume him hoping it would get rid of his strong temptation to just slip fully into what he called his cuddly headspace.

Starting a new job was stressful but what was more stressful was having a extremely handsome and cuddly looking boss when you were a cuddle bug and they were inviting.

Yoongi quickly fell asleep with Jimin following moments after.

Both were exhausted.

.

.

.

Jimin woke up before his alarm to a feeling of something, or someone, holding onto his arm.

He tiredly rubbed at his eyes with his free arm and rolled over, bumping into something causing him to open his eyes.

He tiredly tried to process what was happening and noticed the fluff of soft messy hair coming from under the blanket.

He tilted his head in confusion before he pulled away the cover slightly to reveal a sleeping Min Yoongi who was cuddling into Jimin's side.

Jimin's face immediately flushed realising how close they were and how perfect it felt to have Yoongi so close to him.

He thought for a moment he was dreaming it he could feel the little puffs of air which were leaving Yoongi's mouth on his arm.

Jimin's cheeks only kept growing more pink as he processed more what was happening and how cute Yoongi looked.

He didn't know if he'd ever have an opportunity to be that close to the elder again and he didn't want to disrupt the others sleep since he looked so tired earlier, so he took the chance to memories all the little details on the other face.

He memorised the precious moles on the tip of his nose and near his lip.

He admired the way Yoongi's mouth was slightly open as he slept, with his plump slim lips slightly glossy from drool which Jimin chuckled softly at finding it the most endearing thing in the world.

He had to fight back the urge to squish Yoongi's slightly pink puffy cheeks which were pressed against his arm as both of the elders arms tangled with his own.

Jimin was suddenly brought out of his thoughts though when he shifted and his phone fell off the bed.

He instantly tried to get it but he was stopped by Yoongi who probably wasn't aware of who he was clinging to.

Jimin was torn for a moment before deciding that they had to get up again to get back to work soon anyways and that it would be better to wake Yoongi softly rather than an alarm.

He brought his hand to Yoonig's cheek which wasn't connected to him and gently caressed it repeatedly as he softly called out "Yoongi hyung." until the elder started to stir.

Yoongi clung closer to Jimin and buried his head into the others chest with a sudden movement which Jimin didn't expect, making him fall back onto his back with Yoongi's head resting on top of him.

Yoongi nuzzled into Jimin's chest and Jimin tried to calm his heart in fear Yoongi would be able to hear it.

He brought his hand to Yoongi's head and started to play with the others hair as he called out again until he finally got a response.

It was a small soft hum but Jimin knew this was probably the most sign of life he'd get out of the other for a minute.

He continued threading his fingers through Yoongi's hair as he whispered "We have to get up now and get back to work, okay?"

Yoongi shook his head not really caring about anything except for sleep which was trying to pull him back into it's grasp, and the soothing feeling of fingers in his hair and heat from under him.

With that last feeling though everything clicked in his head and he jumped up immediately, breathing quickly and staring wide eyed and apologetically at Jimin who looked just as shocked from the sudden movement.

Yoongi instantly bowed apologetically as he stumbled off of the bed and Jimin was left frozen and watching the elder as he repeatedly apologised - looking as if he was going to cry.

This made something hurt in Jimin's chest so he instinctively got up too and went around to Yoongi who was shaking and looking extremely small compared to how he normally did.

Jimin's worry only grew because of this and because of how much the other flinched when he placed a hand on his arm.

Jimin began rubbing circles onto Yoongi's arm in a soothing motion as Yoongi began to calm and lean into the touch, that being when Jimin had pulled Yoongi into a hug.

He wrapped one arm around Yoongi's waist and the other behind his head as he pulled him into his chest, letting Yoongi's head rest on his shoulder and hands hold onto his shirt.

He swayed them both from side to side and rubbed circle on the base of Yoongi's back as the other began to sniffle before breaking down in the others arm as he apologised countlessly.

Jimin didn't know why it upset Yoongi so much so he just kept saying it was okay and apologising himself, comforting him until he eventually calmed down.

They stood closely in silence for a little while before Jimin finally broke it asking "Are you okay?" in a voice softer than he knew was even possible.

Yoongi nodded weakly and went to pull away but when Jimin asked "Why did you get so upset hyung? did I do something wrong?" he froze in his arms.

Yoongi shook his head before weakly apologising again.

Jimin took a step back but still kept his hands on Yoongi's shoulders as he looked into the others eyes which were avoiding his own.

He brought both of his hands to Yoongi's face, cupping it as he asked "Can you please tell me why you got so upset hyungie?" trying his best attempt at aegyo in trying to make the other at least chuckle - settling for the very minuscule smile he got instead.

The only idea as to why that Yoongi gave was "I'm not used to it so I got scared... i'm sorry..."

Jimin decided not to push it anymore since Yoongi's voice seemed strained and they had only actually known each other for a day even though it felt like longer - leaving it for a later date.

Jimin shook his head at Yoongi's apology and said "There's no need to apologise. I'm sorry. And you don't need to be scared of me hyung, i'd never purposefully mean to scare or hurt you."

Yoongi nodded lightly, apologising again as Jimin wiped away the remains of the last few tears which escaped Yoongi's eyes before finally pulling away fully.

As they both returned to their desks Jimin said "Let's see if we can get the rest of our work done early so we can both get a early night." simply getting a nod from Yoongi who was being extra quiet.