Part 38: Parents

After two days back at work Yoongi got an email from Jimin's parents to make time in Jimin's schedule because they were showing up at twelve to spend the day with their son.

Even though Jimin was ahead on his personal work, with his role he had to work with other people's speeds to approve projects and work on new ones so the demand was inconvenient to say the least.

When he turned to tell Jimin he had a hunch the other already knew since he was holding his head in his hands and sighing in frustration, but he still proceeded softly saying "Your parents are showing up later to see you, when would you like me to move your appointments too?"

Jimin could tell by the others tone he felt sorry for him and was being understanding even though he wasn't aware of the situation other than Jimin's reaction always being to delay seeing them and he appreciated how he always told him softly, showing more direct concern than he did typically in big space since he was more of a lot of subtle signs of affection than one big since he wasn't confident.

He knew he couldn't really refuse his parents demands but apart of him wanted to stand up and say no, to continue his work and ignore them but the other was scared of what would happen if he did so he just nodded and checked the time setting a timer for five minutes before they were arriving in two hours.

Jimin wanted to just stop everything he was doing and mentally prepare himself, the meetings were exhausting and normally ended in his family trying to force him to do something or 'influence' his decisions and he hated it.

But when he looked at Yoongi he appreciated how much worse it could've been- his parents wanted him to do well and although it was sometimes misplaced sending him on dates with rich daughters of famous companies and only really talking business unless it was on set holidays like Christmas.

It was misplaced love and he had to at least appreciate that because there was love behind it, he got to do dance as long as he kept on top of his grade and was never demeaned for it and he got treated well excluding their philosophy of work first affection second which Jimin was never fond of but he could appreciate where they were coming from although he disagreed.

He had many different views from his parents and it exhausted him because they really did just want the best but Jimin wanted to get that for himself and for the first time ever he could see where that was and didn't want his family ruining which is why he made his next decision without hesitation.

"I'm going to tell my family I'm gay today."

Yoongi's head shot up from his desk and he spun his chair around in shock, it was so sudden and came out of no where in the silence of the room, he was taken off guard.

Jimin raised an eyebrow thinking back to all the times he'd flirted with Yoongi and even at how obvious he was with the boy so asked "You didn't really think I was straight did you?" Watching as Yoongi just opened and closed his mouth.

He was shook.

Jimin couldn't help but chuckle as he fully clarified "Well I'm not. Straight that is. I like men and I can't stand to be forced out on another date with a lady, we just end up on friendly terms after I turn them down ten times and even then they still think they have a chance." After that proceeding to rant about taking hints and how he's never hid it so didn't understand why people didn't figure it out which was when Yoongi finally responded.

"I never really thought about the possibility even if it wasn't... not? Obvious..."

Jimin was surprised by the answer but replied nonetheless saying "Welp it's a high one. I know you said Taehyung was dating a guy so I hope your view of me doesn't change negatively otherwise my offer to cuddle until they get here will be pointless." As he made his way to the pull out bed.

Yoongi only needed a few seconds to process the confirmation before he got up and made his way to join the other since it didn't change anything other than there being a possibility of something more.

Something he was too tired to think about.

From there they just held each other in silence doing some thinking before Jimin whispered "At twelve your free to leave for the day." And Yoongi just nodded tiredly, trying his best not to doze off fully.