On Your Left

The next day, Beacon Academy...

Team RWBY sat together in Professor Port's class, paying absolutely no attention to the poor story of the wide teacher and concerning themselves with their absent friend.

Ruby leaned her head on her hand, tapping her pencil on her book, "I wonder if he's okay. It's been two days"

"He hasn't come back or contacted us since he went to see the crash site." Blake added.

Weiss turned to them and suggested, "Well... Team CFVY were with him there, so they would know what happened."

"Yeah..." Ruby agreed lowly.

Port continued on with his dragging story about his 'heroic' adventure and completely got carried away from the actual lesson he was supposed to teach. He has the most basic attire of most noticeably dark red, his top was a double breasted burgundy suit with gold piping and buttons, and his pants were tucked into his boots.

 He has the most basic attire of most noticeably dark red, his top was a double breasted burgundy suit with gold piping and buttons, and his pants were tucked into his boots

Ruby just stared at the bloated teacher and remembered something funny, Sybarin does not like Professor Port's class because they're basically boring story times. At one point he actually stood up to him and manages to get the teacher to let him tell his own story. Sybarin went straight to the board and erased everything Port wrote which made him freak out for a second. Then a few seconds later, it turned into a story telling and a teaching lesson at the same time of the Origin System, everyone wanted him to teach again at the next class and even asked Port to let him. Ruby smirked at the thought.

The school buzz went off, indicating the end of the final class of the day. The girls rushed out of the classroom as fast as they could and exited the building to find Team CFVY.

Weiss followed her team and turned to Ruby, asking her, "Hey Ruby. Where do we start finding them. Beacon is huge."

"Well, we can start the dorms." Yang suggested, and added, "I heard that they were given a break after going to that crash site yesterday."

"Great!" Ruby exclaimed and hurriedly started to head for the dorms.

- - - - -

Tayla's mind drifted through the state of sleep as the sedative took effect on her. Memories of her early days after awakening appeared in flashes but felt like hours. Several more flashes flashed by, then there she was again, in Mercury, escorting the hostage to safety, face to face with a Heavy Gunner that stood in her way as she gripped her Lato nearing death while struggling to keep her feet below her knees.

The Heavy Gunner screams Grineer and raised its rifle for her head. Tayla begins firing at the Grineer's heavy armor, laying no damage in a poor attempt to stop the Gunner.

Preparing for death, she closed her eyes, then a bang went off and everyone was suddenly silent. Tayla thought it was the end of her, she would die at the hands of the Grineer and be another triumph for their empire. She looks over to the Heavy Gunner and sees it staggering and painfully turning around. All too suddenly, a blue energy blade of pure light stabs through the Grineer's chest and slices upwards through its head.