When Light Is Needed Most

Me: Sure Excal's Exalted Blade is totally awesome, but let's not spam it please.

Players: Spams Exalted Blade.

- - - - -

The Kingdom of Vale was preparing for the celebration of the Vytal Festival. All around the town were ribbons, balloons, and lots of other celebration decorations set up to welcome the other students coming from the other Kingdoms.

Sybairn takes all of this in with amazement, Earth has and probably never will hold something like this with all that political crap they throw at each other, especially since the President of the great country of America formed a political relationship with the Dictator of North Korea. He wondered what happened to them, not that it was relevant anymore, both countries don't have their shape anymore when they were reformed by the Orokin while he was in Cryosleep.

He looks up and sees a poorly worked, but friendly welcoming banner, he chuckled reading, "Welcome to Vale."

"The Vytal Festival!" Weiss exclaimed, arms open at her excitement, "Oh this is absolutely wonderful!"

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss." Ruby said, putting an arm against her side, "It's kind of weirding me out."

Sybarin turns and sees them with their weapons holstered with them. He saw them earlier, but never actually noticed them, he wondered why did the girls bring their weapons with them. One of his many questions of the universe that could never be answered.

"How could you not smile?" Weiss turned to her, excitement was growing even more in her, "A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world!"

"Sounds like something that's not big enough to have space for every culture around the world." Sybarin commented.

Weiss continued, ignoring him, "There will be dances, parades, a tournament!" she turns with joyful finesse and continued walking, "Oh with the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking."

Sybarin only rolls his eyes at her.

Yang sighs, "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss turns to her and yaps, "Quiet you."

"Yeah, and there are just wayyy... too many cultures back in my time to like all of them." Sybarin said, sassily, "I wasn't very intrigued by the movies made by this one movie kingdom in one country. They try too hard to make their characters look cool with these... epic cuts where the scene goes slo-mo. You girls have movies, you know what I mean by slo-mo."

"Oh yeah." Yang nodded, "Totally. But it's not a really commonly used element though. It ruins the flow of the scene, and makes them look uncomfortably cool if they tried. Lots of us didn't like it."

They turned to see the port and sees a boat taking port. Sybarin grimaces in disgust at the smell of fish in the air, although there were mysteriously no fish or fishing boat in sight, he assumed it was the smell of the salt water.

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks." Yang said, rich with disinterest and boredom in her voice.

Ruby pinched her nose and also grimaced in disgust, "Ugh, they smell like fish."

"I wanna sleep." Sybarin quietly frowned.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today." Weiss said with glee, obviously planning something. She turns to the group and adds, "And as a representative of Beacon, I feel that it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."