Velvet

This video is completely random and irrelevant... but I found it too funny to ignore.

Welcome to Act 1.5: The Intermission, and Reflection.

At last, for an eternity of the new age and a new world, before him in his hands was a worthy rival. Unparalleled with it's power just by appearance, and touch, the grilled cheese sandwich that hung with oozing cheese in his hands is enough for someone like him to irresistibly fall victim to it's temptation to spend 10 Lien on for a bag of three.

Savorously, he bit the middle of the sandwich off and felt the warm melted cheese in his mouth. The sensation that tingled his tastebuds made him smile.

The day was a fine and quiet day, only a small headcount of students roamed the enormous courtyard near the cafeteria. It was pleasing for Sybarin to know that they considered putting benches outside where it's really pleasant to sit in a clear skies day. There, Sybarin sat on one of the benches enjoying himself with a small pack of grilled cheese sandwiches.

Sybarin took a deep breath and leaned back on the bench, looking up at the sky. At that moment, he couldn't help but remember what he used to see when he looked at the sky like that. What he felt back then was envy, and hopelessness, he wished his life were as beautiful as the skies and felt hopeless and that the sky was a pretty face to hide what was ugly about his world. But this world is more pleasant than the past. He knew he should move on, but that was his flaw, he can't let go of a lot of things, especially if they affected him in a bad way. He closed his eyes and lost himself in his flood of thought.

...

...

...

...

...

"Excuse me?"

Sybarin's train of thought snapped out and the sun blinded him as he opened his eyes, he looked around and sees the bunny girl from a few months ago nervously smiling at him.

She smiled and waved a hand at him, speaking in a perfect English accent, "Um... hello."

Sybarin straightened himself up and picked up his pack of sandwiches, "Oh, hey. It's you. How can I help you?"

"Oh uh, I just wanted to say hello." she said, and straightened herself up and held out a hand, "I'm Velvet, from team CFVY. And I never got to say thank you for being nice to me back then."

Sybarin nervously chuckled and shook it, "Well, that is a long time ago so no need to stress about it, Velvet."

"Oh no, no, no. It's my obligation."

Sybarin shrugged, "Well then, your welcome. Not a lot of people are willing to be nice to people like you. I've been there."

Velvet nodded.

Moving on from the topic to another he asked her, "CFVY, huh? Isn't that led by, Coco?"

She nodded, "Yeah, she's a pretty cool person. Despite her, 'punk' look, she's actually cares about us a lot."

"Yeah, I hung out with her once."

"Oh right." she exclaimed, "She mentioned that."

Sybarin stood up and dusted the crumbs off his pants. He looked to her and put a hand on her shoulder, "Well, Velvet, if anything, I'll be open to hang out most of my time." he gave a thumbs up.

Velvet looked up at him and smiled, "Sure." She paused for a moment before she suddenly jumped, "Oh right! I wanted to show you something." she took out the camera behind her and showed it to Sybarin.

"So you like photography??" Sybarin asked, confused.

"This is a project I've been working on for a while. All I need now is data."

Sybairn looked at the screen as she gave space for him to look, there he sees images of holstered weapons. Becoming more confused he asks, "So... what is it exactly?"

"That's the best part." Velvet smiled, turning to him and continuing, "This bad boy I built has the ability to create hardlight imitations of the captured weapons, including their functions."

Sybarin blinked in amazement, "So if it's a gun, it can fire its own hardlight projectiles as well?"

Velvet nodded.

"Well... that's... that is super, just super."

"I'm actually really proud of it. But I've never actually had the chance to use it yet."

"Oh well I'm sure that when the time comes, it will be the best opportunity." Sybarin shrugged. He paused for a moment and thought of something, "Speaking of which, would you like to capture some of my weapons."

Velvet's eyes shone at him with excitement, "Really!?"

- - - - -

Team RWBY walked through the school campus, casually making their way back to the dorms.

"I haven't seen Sybarin all day." Ruby frowned, "I wonder if something's bugging him."

"I'm sure he'll talk to us if he needs to." Weiss said, quickly giving her a confident look.

The four girls made their way through the dorm complex and reached their dorm. But before any of them could open the door, they heard voices behind it. The four girls leaned their ears on the door and listened

"Oh wow, that's so big, and long." a girl in an English accent said.

The four girls widened their eyes in shock at their assumption on what's happening in the room.

Then they hear Sybrarin grunt, "Yeah, it took me a while to master this bad boy. But I given time..."

"I'd love to capture this. May I?"

"Sure." Sybarin replied. There a moment of silence and Sybarin spoke again, "Do you want to see more."

"I'd love to." the girl said gladly.

Suddenly, the girls burst right into the room to stop their assumed interaction in the room. Then, to their surprise, there was Sybarin holding his Argonak and Velvet there holding her camera, standing fully clothed and well distanced from each other. Both of them looked to the girls at their sudden entry.

"Oh hey guys," Sybarin smiled, "What's wrong?"

The girls just blinked.

"This is Velvet, with Team CFVY." Sybarin introduced, gesturing to the rabbit faunus.

"Hello." Velvet waved at them.

Yang suddenly snapped at him, "What the HECK, Sybarin!?"

He turned to her out of confusion, "What???"

Yang just sighed and shook her head, "Never mind."

- - - - -

"Well, it was fun while it lasted." Velvet said, standing in front of her dorm room.

"Yeah." Sybarin nodded, "It was nice hanging out with you."

"Me too."

Both of them stood in silence, then Velvet shrugs to him and goes into her dorm room.

Sybarin smiles and goes back into RWBY's dorm where he finds Ruby snooping around his arsenal again.

He frowns, "Seriously? Couldn't you have asked?"