Chapter 40: History of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond

(A/N: Hey, everyone. I'm back. So, the reason why it took awhile for me to write this is due to the weather being much colder where I'm at{I've moved again back in February of 2022[this year, as of the time I published this] to a house next to the mountains, and about ten minutes away from Monument}, so I wasn't able to be on my laptop much due to the cold, and when I am, I'm more focused on trying to keep warm. However, the weather passed, so it's all good.

Anyways, as I've stated in the author's note for the previous chapter, this is my interpretation on the lore for Mega Evolution and Battle Bond, and how they not only exists, but how they also connect to each other. If it doesn't fit in with the games, anime or manga's continuity or if it doesn't fit in with your own headcanon, this is the reason why. So, please don't leave comments about how my version of things doesn't fit in with what was established.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter. Please vote and comment. All music are from YouTube and their respective owners. All images are from Bulbapedia or Serebii. Also, reminder for suggestions of potential team members for Shauna, Trevor, Tierno, Anna, Lisia and Amelia. I'll credit anyone and their suggestions at the beginning of each chapter, along with mentioning when I'll add the Pokemon to their team.

P.S.: I'm almost done with the timeline for the Pokemon stories. I'll upload them soon. As for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet, I'll add them to the timeline once they come out.)

Previously on The Mega Rings: Light, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, Tierno and Dark went to the Tower of Mastery. While the five friends learned more about Mega Evolution, Gurkinn talks to Dark about how to use Mega Evolution without his Pokemon getting harmed.

After learning more about Mega Evolution, Gurkinn reveals that Sycamore wanted to give the six Trainers a Mega Ring each. However, Gurkinn only had time to make three, which were given to Light, Serena and Dark. The six Trainers' curiosity are increased, however, when Gurkinn hints that Battle Bond and Mega Evolution might be more connected than anyone thinks.

The six Trainers decides to head over to the Tower of Mastery to find out the history of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond. What are their origins? How are they connected? Find out in this chapter!

Everyone's P.O.V.-September 1st, 2019-Tower of Mastery 1F, Tower of Mastery, Uptown Shalour City, Shalour City, North of Reflection Cave, West of Route 12, Northwestern Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-12:45 P.M.