Chapter 1: A Mew Journey

(A/N: Disclaimer: Thanks for sticking with me and waiting for this chapter to come out. I am sorry if it took a long time but I thought about writing this and then decided to write the prologues and the character bios and even the rules about the League and Contests so that you guys wouldn't be confused about my own take on the characters and the Kalos region when I write this chapter. Again sorry for taking so long and thanks for being patient. The music is from YouTube and the images are from Bulbapedia so I don't claim ownership on the images nor the video, they belong to the website I mentioned. Hope you enjoy and please vote and comment if you think there is something I could improve on or a suggestion for a character arc.)

June 1st, 2019 Route 1, Gate to Vaniville Town, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-8:26 A.M.

Third Person P.O.V.

All tales begin with once upon a time. Not this one, for we begin with the history of the Pokemon world and how Pokemon and humans came to be. We begin this tale at the beginning where nothing existed for a long time(hard to say due to, you know, nothing exist which means there was no way to tell how much time had pass), until a egg pops into existence. From that egg came Arceus, whom upon hatching made everything into existence and brings forth life, including humans and Pokemon. Arceus had made other Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to help him with maintaining the peace over the world(besides the Kiseki bloodline until the death of Zeke Kiseki at the hands of AZ's ultimate weapon). Arceus has watch over the planet until making the Sinnoh Region when he use too much of his energy and fell asleep for thousands of years. He is currently as old as the beginning of time; 14 billion years old.

The world of Pokemon is a peaceful world with Pokemon and human living together(you know, unless you count the alternate world/timeline where only Pokemon lives in the world and learns how to speak the human language[Pokemon Mystery Dungeon reference, check]). Human and Pokemon get to go on a Pokemon Journey with the human choosing to either be a Pokemon Trainer, Coordinator, both, Performers or anything else and pursue it while competing in big tournaments like the Pokemon League, Grand Festivals, Master Class Showcase, etc. Once they are of age(ten years old), they get their license(to legally own a Pokemon and earn Gym Badges/Contest Ribbons) to train Pokemon and help out with the Pokedex. Their license are given to them by both the region's Pokemon Professor and the region's Pokemon League Association branch.

The Kalos Region is a region rich in culture, despite its bad history(the Kalos war and AZ's ultimate weapon). Kalos used to be one of the regions that doesn't really have any seasonal changes but after the ultimate weapon was fired, the weather now changes due to the seasons. Kalos also has Mega Evolution, a temporary evolution that changes a Pokemon's type, appearance, stats, and Abilities. It only works under three conditions; The trainer and Pokemon has a high bond with each other, they have a Key Stone and correct Mega Stone, and they have something to put the Key Stone and Mega Stone in. Kalos also is technologically advanced thanks to Lysandre. Kalos is known as being the most difficult of the regions to compete in due to Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, and Battle Bond(a Ability that Prof. Sycamore, Prof. Kukui, and Samson Oak discovered and researched together). As of right now, there is a new batch of Trainers who are hoping to compete in the Mega Bonds Conference and the Kalos Grand Festival next spring. However, among them will be a group of friends who are experts in one area of Pokemon training. In fact, this is where we begin our story of one person in that group.

Light's P.O.V.

They had reached Kalos after a ten-hour flight from the Sunyshore Airport at Sunyshore City in the Sinnoh Region. Light Kiseki remembered saying good-bye to his godmother, Carol Shirona(Cynthia's grandmother) and his neighbors as he and his mom, Grace Kiseki(a former Rhyhorn Racer, she also has her Pokeballs containing her Fletchling and Rhyhorn in her carry-on bag due to Pokemon not allowed out on the planes because of safety hazards) hugged them with tears in their eyes before getting on their plane leaving to Lumiose Airport in the Kalos Region to live in Vaniville Town(most of their stuff were already there due to moving company over the two weeks, Light and Grace just grab what left and stay to say bye to everyone). Before leaving, Carol gave him a gift from both her and Cynthia(a good luck charm with a Dragon Tooth on a string similar to a necklace) and ask him and Grace to keep in contact, which they promised they would.. Along with that, he got the a new journal, a new model of both a red colored Poketch and silver and gold colored Pokegear(which he has his mom and Carol's number registered on both devices) and finally a parcel containing multiple goodbye letters from the residents of Celestic Town and a photo album, with the final picture being from when Light came back from graduation from Lumiose Academy a couple of weeks ago. The reason they gave him the gifts is because they decided to not only celebrated him and Grace leaving for Kalos but also celebrate his birthday a week early due to the fact that they won't do it again anytime soon. They told Light and Grace that they would know if they doing okay from Carol's daily updates on the two. Once the two got on the plane, they got some sleep due to it was around seven in the evening when they left Sinnoh.