Chapter 36: Wartortle Rain Dance!

(A/N: Disclaimer: Hey folks. So, as stated in the previous chapter, this chapter will not only be short, but also the last chapter before the 2-parter Gym Battle against Korrina, which means we're at the tail end of this arc, and almost done with the Summer Arcs for this story. Again, if anyone is going to complain or be upset about the chapter, be upset about the quality of it, not the length. Especially since this chapter is entirely about dancing, and nothing else.

However, before we get into this chapter, I want to mention one thing. I don't know much about dancing. The only experience I have is the Just Dance games(which I don't think counts), and three proms I went to back in high school(which felt like a lifetime ago, despite the fact they were in 2015, 2016, and 2018 respectively. The only one I missed was the one in 2017 due to ear infection at the time.), so if I offend any dancers or fans of Tierno who wants to see him and his team utilizing various methods of dancing, I apologize.

Sure, I can do the research, but I also know that dancing is something that need to be experienced, not researched. So again, apologies if I offend anyone for my lack of expertise in dancing. However, as compensation, I'll have them doing freestyle dancing until either I research some of the dancing techniques or someone suggest one to me.

Also, once again(I know this is getting annoying), can anyone please give me suggestions of any new Pokemon to add to Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Anna, Lisia and Amelia's teams, based on the requirements I gave before? Plus, one new requirement: the Pokemon suggestions have to be from either Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola. No Galar Pokemon, unfortunately. Mainly due to the fact that A.) I still haven't play Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield and their DLCs expansions and B.) I want to them to have Pokemon that either are from their home regions or is based around their personalities and goals, which, again, I can't do with the Galar Pokemon due to not knowing them that much.

Other than that, hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote and comment. And remember, all music are from YouTube and their respective owners. And all images are from Bulbapedia.)

Last time on Combusken Training!: Light, trying to reassure himself that he has a proper bond with his team, takes them to the Shalour City battlefields in the downtown area to allow them to train for the upcoming Gym Battle. To make training easier, he had his team split into 2 groups of 3, with Group 1 comprising of Strike, Umbra and Luchador, and Group 2 having Hydro, Pyro and Topsy-Turvy.

Five minutes later, however, Pyro decides, along with Hydro's encouragements, to have Light train her since they've never interacted much. The two soon talk about a lot of things, including how, as part of a team, Light should share his burdens with his Pokemon team.

Right at that moment, Pyro evolves into a Blaziken. What should've been a joyous occasion, however, was ruined due to a combo of Umbra's utter contempt, the lack of Hydro's own evolution, and Light's doubts, which were briefly silenced by the conservation, resurfacing due to said lack of evolution for Hydro, assuming it has to do with Battle Bond, thus confirming that Light doesn't have a proper bond.

Not wanting to ruin the moment, however, Light forced a smile on his face, while deciding to keep his burdens to himself from now on. Not only that, but he also decides to lie to everyone about having a proper bond with his team, hoping that one day, he'll even believe his own lie.

However, around the same time as this, Tierno is training his own team, deciding to switch up their tactics. What ideas does he have in mind? What music will play? And more importantly, what kind of dancing style will we see today? Find out in this chapter!