Chapter 7: The Zigzagoon Skates

(A/N: Disclaimer: It's finally here. Light's birthday! I been waiting to write this part of the story and what better way than near the end of the Santalune Arc. Fun fact, I always miss the birthday events in the Pokemon games[mainly the Nurse Joy just saying Happy Birthday while the Pokemon Center shoots out confetti.] but I will make this a special chapter to mark a milestone for the character. My little fourth-wall breaker, not really trusting Pokemon type of Pokemon Trainer is growing up! It's like yesterday that he was just an idea in my head and now he is sixteen! I'm not crying tears of joy, I just got something in my eyes![I do have tears of joy.] Also forgot to mention this but Elder March, a Pikachu who is Mindshock's grandmother and caretaker, will be making some appearances in the story after the Santalune Arc due to her having a phone that a Trainer drop years ago and upgrade it to a portable video phone[AKA a iPhone] and she still have the translator that Serena let her borrow[now kept] just in case, so don't think that the last time you will see her. Anyways, hope you enjoy the story and please vote and comment! Reminder that the images come from Bulbapedia and the music comes from YouTube and their respective owners.)

Summary:

Last time on Quite Farfetch'd: Light gets dragged off by his Pokemon to do some training as a distraction for Destin so that she and Serena could shop for Light's birthday. Serena had managed to get presents and cake for Light's birthday. However, while Light was training, he gets asked by Alexa and her younger sister, Viola, the Gym Leader of Santalune City Gym and the principal of the Trainers' School(revealed during the conservation in the last chapter), to help teach a class at the Santalune Trainers' School. They didn't mention though, that Light would be teaching Pokemon Battles. However, a student known as Brighton started mocking Light for his failure in his first battle so Light use him as a volunteer for the lesson and taught the former a lesson or three.

Then, before the class can get really started, a female Farfetch'd by the name of Quacklin started attacking the students and Light stopped her. It was revealed that not only is she a Pokemon owned by a Hiker, but she attacked because she was bored so her Trainer decided to compete in the Kalos League to stop her from being bored. Soon, Viola and Alexa thanked Light for helping but told Light and Serena to start training if they want any shot at beating Viola, despite the Bug-Type Pokemon. She also told them that either Prof. Sycamore or Gurkinn could explain to Light the emotions that always stirred in his chest whenever he uses Hydro though Gurkinn may know someone else that knows since he deals with Mega Evolution. Meanwhile, Galar and Alola had decided their nine Trainers via tournament and they will come to Kalos soon. Will Light's birthday be one to remember in a good way or a bad way? How will those from Galar and Kalos react to Kalos? Find out in this chapter!

Light's P.O.V. June 9th, 2019, Santalune City Pokemon Center, Beedrill Road, Santalune City, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-10:45 P.M.

"Are we done training?" Hydro asked as he, Phoenix, Digger, Mindshock and Light collapsed in front of the Pokemon Center, their metaphorical savior. "I haven't have this much of an intense workout since ever." Mindshock said as he breathe heavily. "I don't want to this this anymore." Phoenix said, though her face was in the ground so it was kind of mumbled. "A-at least we have the rest of the day off." Digger pointed out, which brought relief to the others and confusion to Light. While he took the trip down memory lane of today so far, his Pokemon were talking amongst themselves about if Light noticed that his clothes were cover in dust and dirt, mainly from all that training they did. Light really need to wash these after a quick shower.(No reason to add that sentence. Just there for LOLs!)