Chapter 35: Combusken Training!

(A/N: Disclaimer: So, I know it's been a long time since I updated this story. So, I'll be doing a back-to-back update involving this chapter and the next, given they're chapters that involves training. Also, @Argentum47X had suggested some good ideas for Tierno and Shauna. They suggested Ludicolo, which @WanderingTyphlosion7 already suggested. However, they also suggested an Oricorio for Tierno, which might have to be either after the Coumarine Arc or the PWT arc. As for Shauna, they suggested a Vulpix(though I'm not sure if they meant a regular variant or the Alolan variant) and a Togekiss, which I'll have to figure out when I'll add them to her team.

So please, give me some more suggestions of any Pokemon for these two, plus Trevor, Anna, Lisia and Amelia's team members down the line. Any Pokemon is fine, as long as the Pokemon being suggested fits their goals, personalities, ideologies, battle styles, hobbies and any other requirements you can think of. As promised, I'll credit you in the author's note if you do.

With that out of the way, hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote and comment. And remember, all music are from YouTube and their respective owners and all images are from Bulbapedia. Enjoy!

P.S. Chapter 35 and 36 takes place on the same day, around the same time. Just thought to give you guys that heads up. Also, Chapter 36 will have someone else, besides Serena, Light and Dark, be the main character. Stay tuned for the chapter's synopsis to find out who it is.[That is, if the chapter's title didn't gave it away.]

P.P.S. This chapter and the next will be short, given they're both fillers, so there's not much to actually do with them. So, please don't get mad at me or make negative comments due to the length of both chapters. Only complain about the quality of them.)

Last time on Sycamore's Mega Research!: Sycamore arrives in Shalour City and brings Dark, Light, Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor to the spot which began his research on Mega Evolution. While on the way there, Sycamore remembers when Serena had became friends with Light, Shauna, Trevor and Tierno, along with their first interaction with Dark, glad to see that they had changed a lot in during the two months. Finally, they arrived at the place, marvelling at its beauty.

Now Light is beginning his training for the eventual Gym Battle against Korrina, the Gym Leader for Shalour City. However, he's starting to doubt himself and his bond with his team after Sycamore reveals the requirements for Mega Evolution. Will Light be able to cast aside those doubts, or will they affect him, his team and their bond in the long run? Find out in this chapter!

Light's P.O.V.-August 24th, 2019-Shalour City, North of Reflection Cave, West of Route 12, Northwestern Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-1:12 P.M.