Chapter 24: The Onix-pected Bike Race!

(A/N: Disclaimer: *Steps on stage and turns on microphone* Well, guys, it's upon us. We're almost at the end of the Cyllage Arc. *Crowd starts booing* I know, I know. Given as soon as this arc is over, then we have the Shalour Arc, which ends the first quarter of this book. But it doesn't mean we can't enjoy the fun that we had on the way here. I mean, all the battles, the Contests, the Pokemon that were shown and introduced. Plus, this chapter is a breather, despite having two battles. And you want to know why? Because it's a bike race! *Crowd starts cheering* I know, I know. I'm good to all of you. Anyways, all music are from YouTube and their respective owners, all images are from Bulbapedia and I hope you all enjoy, vote, comment and continue to support this story to the end.)

Last time on The Mightyena Flare!: Light, Trevor and Dark tried desperately to defeat Aliana's Shadow Mightyena, only to fail. Just as she was about to kill Dark and Trevor, along with kidnapped Light, Grant came in. Only for Aliana to tell him that the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Diantha are severely underprepared for the higher members of Team Flare, plus calls him out for waiting till the right moment. She then leaves, not because her Mightyena heavily injured, but so Light, Dark and Trevor will be haunted by her threats.

Light and Trevor leave with Grant, back to Ambrette Town. Upon arriving outside the Fossil Lab, Grant tells them not to tell anyone about this. When asked why, he tells them that as of that moment, Team Flare had so many members that they even be citizens, pretending to care about their issues when they're actually reporting back to other members. After Grant leaves, Light and Trevor heads over to the Contest Hall, after choosing their Fossil Pokemon that would get revived.

Meanwhile, Serena, Tierno and Shauna managed to move on to the final round. Light and Trevor watched the battles. Shauna lost against Anna, but is glad she managed to get to the final round twice in a row. However, Serena soon lost her battle and couldn't handle it, on top of her emotions from knowing her fate. After Light comfort her, they both agree to talk to Gurkinn and Sycamore, so she could sort through her emotions. They soon saw Anna winning the Contest, and the Ambrette Ribbon, and Serena convinced Light to not go with Team Flare's threats, since they'll just kill her anyways.

Soon, at the Fossil Lab, the five of them got their Fossil Pokemon. Before Trevor, Tierno and Shauna leaves, they all made a promise. That no matter what, no matter where and no matter when, they'll always help each other out and be friends till the end!

Now Light and Serena arrived at Cyllage City. What will happen? Will Serena meet Marnie again? And who is that blond kid with the black and red punk clothing? Find out in this chapter!

Light's P.O.V.- July 22nd, 2019, Cyllage City, North of Lower Route 8, South of Route 10, West of Connecting Caves, West Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-12:30 P.M.