Chapter 4: Smeargle-made Pokeballs

(A/N: Disclaimer: Just to clear up any confusion from the previous chapter, Light isn't trusting his Pokemon yet. He still got a lot of time and slowly beginning to trust them for that to happen. Also, Dark thinking that Light is a hypocrite is because when they were in school he saw that Light avoids Pokemon and said that he has issues, which Dark uses as a way to tease Light. However seeing Light battling makes him think that Light was lying the whole time, especially when seeing that Light had a smirk on his face during the two battles, thinking that proves his point. Sorry for any confusion if there was any. Anyway, hope you enjoy the story and please vote and comment if there is anything I should fix or if there any suggestions for the character arcs[excluding Light, Serena and Dark as I got something plan for those three] of any of the current or future characters[for future characters in the story, reference the character bios]. Also again, all images belong to Bulbapedia and all music belongs to YouTube and their respective owners.)

(A/N: Hope you enjoy the theme. I decided to have my story having an intro and ending theme for every chapter from now on, similar to the anime. Just ignore the Pikachu part of the song[or not, completing up to you]. Edit: due to the fact that the Ash and Pikachu version of this song is no longer on YouTube, I have to put on a different version of the theme.)

Summary:

Last time on A Fletchling Catch, Light and Serena split up on Route 2 to catch some Pokemon on their own. Light and Froakie(now Hydro) battled against Youngster Austin Jan and Ziggs, his Zigzagoon and won while Serena and Fennekin(Destiny) was frightened by some rustling in some nearby bushes only to be embarrassed when it was a Caterpie(Silk) and Scatterbug(Patterns) who wanted to join her team but after she prove herself by battle. Meanwhile Light and Froakie was encountered by a proud Fletchling(Phoenix) and a shy Bunnelby(Digger) who wants to travel around the region and show that they are strong. Light also tells his Pokemon about his trust issues(A/N: Surprised that they aren't asking about how he could understand them? It will be explained soon. Just imagine I have a smirk face) but that he might be able to get over it with time and trust them. They then made a promise to prove to Light that they deserve his trust. Light and Serena then nickname their Pokemon via the urging of Shauna. Meanwhile Dark challenged Trevor and Tierno to a battle and won despite the type advantage that Tierno had. He also told them that he knows about Light being a 'hypocrite' and won't hesitate to make his life a living Distortion World. What will happen to Light, Serena and their Pokemon in Aquacorde Town? Find out in this chapter!

Light's P.O.V. June 4th, 2019 Aquacorde Town, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-11:20 A.M.

Light got off the Pokegear with his godmother Carol(Cynthia's grandmother and elder/mayor of Celestic Town in the Sinnoh Region), where he told her the events of the past three days while cleaning his glasses before putting them back on. He also showed her his Pokemon, though she knows not to make a big deal out of it(she knows of Light's ability, only resident of Celestic Town to know, though Cynthia knows as well, so she knows how much effort he is putting into this thing) yet she said that she was proud of him for at least giving it a try. "Thanks Carol." Light had said. "You are welcome. Hope you had a good time in Kalos." Carol had said a bit sadly. "Hey, I know I talk about it a lot. But nothing beats spending time with you." Light said, putting a smile on her face. "Thank you Light. You always know how to put a smile on my face. Well, I won't keep you for long. Hope to talk to you soon. Bye." Carol said as she signed off. Light sighed as he stand up, pulling his head out of the conservation.