Chapter 3: A Fletchling Catch

(A/N: Disclaimer: Sorry if the battle in the last chapter was a let-down for those, especially since Shauna won by a coin toss after the match end in draw. There might be a couple of you who thought I was even going to write it so that Light was going to win, despite his Pokemon trust issues, just because he is the Chosen One or 'main character status or etc.[he doesn't even realized he is the Chosen One till later] However, I thought it makes sense considering Light was battling with strategy[even if it was first time ever battling, while Shauna had more experience due to battle class] and Shauna remembers about Froakie's Frubble. However, if you noticed, Light sudden motivation for battling due to strange emotions at the end[it will be revealed during the Tower of Mastery Arc about the emotions] is what caused the battle to end in a draw, even if Shauna was declared winner despite the type-advantages involved. If you have any opinions about why Shauna or Light should have won the match, excluding coin toss, let me know in the comments. I want to know what you think. Reminder that any image I use is from Bulbapedia and music is from YouTube so I don't claim ownership on any of them, the images belong to Bulbapedia and the music belongs to the respective YouTube Channels who uploaded them. Sorry for the long author's note. Anyways, hope you enjoy the story and please vote and comment if there is anything I need to fix or any suggestion for character arcs for current and future characters[excluding Serena, Light and Dark, as I got something special for them, but you could still comment ideas for their developments in the second book that continues their adventures].)

Summary:

Last time on A Kalos Froakie, Light and Shauna had their first rival battle in Aquacorde Town. At first, Light wasn't feeling the motivation to fully battle, however he starts feeling some emotions stirred in him, causing him to have some motivation and allowing him to tie with Shauna, with only Serena noticing the change in Light's attitude. Shauna then won the match due a coin toss, though she and Light agreed to keep it as a tie. Froakie also makes a promise to Chespin that the next time they battle, he won't lose and she promised the same thing, starting a rivalry between the two. Soon, Light and his friends are registered for the Kalos League and the next morning Light and Serena prepared for their journeys. While leaving, they got their final farewells from Vaniville Town, saying that they will root for them and Shauna. The duo then leave, heading to Aquacorde Town and Route 2. Meanwhile Dark catches a Pidgey, earning him a new party member and because he was denied a Gym Battle unless he has at least 2 Pokemon. He also found out that Light is a Trainer and plans to make his life miserable, while dreaming about being the Champion of Kalos. What will happen these Trainers? Will their luck stay good or will it change? Find out in this chapter.

Light's P.O.V. June 3rd, 2019, Aquacorde Town, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-2:30 P.M.

After the farewell from Vaniville Town and their proclamation about watching Light, Serena and Shauna's progress and cheering for them, Light and Serena went to Aquacorde Town after leaving Route 1 and decided to take a drink break before continuing

After the farewell from Vaniville Town and their proclamation about watching Light, Serena and Shauna's progress and cheering for them, Light and Serena went to Aquacorde Town after leaving Route 1 and decided to take a drink break before continuing. However, Froakie pops out of his Pokeball and decided to give Light his two cents. "We need a new team member. You can't keep using me or soon we will keep losing." Froakie casually, with his arms crossed behind his back, shocking Light as he spits out his water.(A/N: This is Froakie's casual pose when he isn't in battle or calm) "Why would we need a new team member? What if we have to deal with a Pokemon that has a attitude we can't deal with?" Light asked after getting over his shock(not to mention coughing for a couple of minutes). "Yes, we might deal with those kind of problems. But that your job as a Trainer. You need to show them that your are their Trainer and they deserve your respect and you deserve theirs in return." Froakie said as he ate some Pokemon food(the waiter of the cafe brought some out after Serena explained the situation[excluding the whole speaking to Pokemon, just explaining that Light was just surprised] and the waiter was ok with it, as this had happened before) with Fennekin, who had a good friendship with Froakie.