Chapter 25: Taking Out The Tyrunt!

(A/N: Disclaimer: Well, folks it's here! The penultimate chapter for the third arc of this book and the second Gym Battle! After 16 entire chapters and almost a year since the last Gym Battle, it took me a long time to get here, it's time for the rocky uphill battle. *Crickets chirp as silence follows* Yeah, not my best pun. Also, forgot to mention this, but the original plan for the last chapter was to have a Onix came out in the middle of the race, causing a mess, hence the title. At the last minute, I decided to scrap that idea for what really happened in that chapter. If you think the original was a better concept, let me know and I'll rewrite the chapter to include that concept. Anyways, you all get to finally see the surprise Grant has in store for Light's Gym Battle. Anyways, thanks for your support! Please enjoy, vote and comment! All music are from YouTube and their respective owners and all images are from Bulbapedia!)

Last time on The Onix-pected Bike Race!: Light and Serena finally arrived at Cyllage City after an entire week of training and traveling. Soon, they talked to Shauna, Tierno and Trevor, the latter three whom entered the bike race. Trevor managed to convince Light that instead of getting upset he can't enter the bike race, he can use the time to take a day off, to which the latter agrees to.

As Light watches the race, which Shauna wins, Serena encounters Marnie for the first time in a month after getting two free bikes and battles her, only to lose. Marnie gives Serena some advice and also tells the latter it was thanks to her that she learned said advice in the first place. She also tells Serena to at least tell an adult about her issues. And that since they're rivals, they're equals, not above each other.

As that happened, Bede mocks Dark about their first battle, causing Dark to battle him. After realizing Bede never learned from their first battle, Dark beats Bede, using the new moveset he gave Blaze while training him. Dark warns Bede to not get in his way to Champion before leaving.

As Light heads back to the Pokemon Center, he encounters Gladion, who tells him that there is no enjoyment in defeat. He then warns Light that if he still retains those ideas, then their inevitable battle will be a lot worse for Light. He then leaves, causing Light to be confused and upset at his words. Soon, Serena gave Light one of the two bikes she got for free from the bike shop. At the buffet dinner, Shauna decides that Light and Serena will spend most of the week with her, Trevor and Tierno, exploring Cyllage City before they do any training, which they agree to.

Now it is the day of the Gym Battle! The five friends heads to the Cyllage Gym to earn the Cliff Badge! Will the result of their training pay off? What kind of surprise does Grant has in store for Light and how will it affect the match? And more importantly, what Pokemon will Grant use? (And don't say Rock-Types, smart alecks.) Find out in this chapter!

Light, Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor's P.O.V.-July 29th, 2019- Cyllage City Gym Entrance, Cyllage City, West Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-1:00 P.M.

M