Chapter 13: Give Me A Pyroar!

(A/N: Disclaimer: Hi, I'm back from recovering from my ear surgery. I also almost done with the second arc of this book before I write the first special chapter[yay!] and the third arc, which is one of the longest arcs I ever wrote. Also, I hope I did well with Serena's birthday and interview well. Thank you for understanding and reading my story and hope you enjoy this chapter and please vote and comment. Reminder that all images are from Bulbapedia and all music are from YouTube and their respective owners.)

Summary:

Last time on Torchic Battle, Light and Serena have their first battle as a way to make up for the fact that they didn't do it during the Route 22 Battle Tournament. At first it seems like Light would win but at the end, Serena won the battle by revealing that Destiny had evolved. Soon Light found out from Sycamore that no one else who had Pokemon with Battle Bond has experience any side-effects that Light had, but the Sycamore swears he will do anything to help Light out with it.

Then the next day is Serena's birthday and her interview with Alexa, a prize from the battle tournament mentioned above. On the way there, Serena decide to change her hair style. After she did her interview, Light, their friends, Sycamore, Dexio, Sina and the Pokemon gave Serena a surprise birthday party. After opening her gifts from everyone else, Serena received a custom-made Contest outfit from Light for her Contest debut in the Camphrier Contest. What will happen to Light and Serena now? What sights will they see while staying in the safe zone due to the blackouts? Find out in this chapter!

Light and Serena's P.O.V. June 21st, 2019, Dining Room, 2F, Sycamore's Pokemon Lab, Elekid Road, South Boulevard, Lumiose City, Central Kalos, Kalos Region-11:03 A.M.

"Man, I sure enjoy my sweet sixteen yesterday. It was the best birthday I had in years." Serena said as she sat down at the table, in the chair opposite of Light who just noticed Serena as he closed the book he was reading. "Morning Serena." Light said as he turned around to face Serena while Dexio and Sina brought the two Trainers their brunch, which was a hamburger with waffles, bacon and fruit,(a combo between lunch and breakfast) so that they can eat.

"So what are we doing today Light?" Serena asked in between bites, given the two of them are taking a break from traveling right now since they were only a day away from Camphrier Town. "Well, I thought maybe we can visit the PR Video Studio, so that you can make a video about how you are going to be in Pokemon Contests. That way you can have some supporters and everyone back in Vaniville Town can see your progress." Light suggested to Serena, who shook her head no. "No thanks, I'm planning to save that for the last day of our stay here." Serena said as she looked at the map too, trying to find a place they could spend the day at since the areas are limited due to the blackouts.

"Mew Christ! There just not that much to do here! And this is suppose to be a break from traveling before we hit the road again in a couple of days! Why does Team Flare have control of the Power Plant?!" Serena said with her face on the table, clearly angry at the whole situation while Light just patted her on the shoulder. "How about we visit the Lumiose Press so that we can see how your interview turned out?" Light asked as he wanted to know how Serena's interview, a thing she won from the Route 22 Battle Tournament by default, went. "I guess we can head there." Serena said with a defeated tone, as she knows that their situation were kind of messed up.