Chapter 8: A Litleo Training

(A/N: Hurray, after this chapter is the long-awaited Gym Battle against Viola! And then after that is the end of this arc and the start of the next step of the Pokemon Journey! But first is the first rival battle between Light and Dark and Serena finds a rival in Marnie, at least when it comes to battling! I really like to thank you guys for your support and patience with the story. Also the reason why I have Dark lose to Bede is because of his own ego, believing that since he is from Kanto and had beaten every Trainer in Route 4, 3 and the Santalune Forest, he is already the best and this won't be the last time he loses or takes it hard either. Anyways, hope you enjoy the story so far and please vote and comment. Reminder that images are from Bulbapedia and music is from YouTube and their respective owners.)

Summary:

Last time on The Zigzagoon Skates: Light's friends celebrated Light's sixteenth birthday and gave him some awesome presents! Afterwards, they participated in the Fourth Annual Santalune Roller Skate Race which Light won, beating Korrina, the three-time champion of the event and the Gym Leader of Shalour City! Afterwards Dark and Bede had their first rival battle with Bede winning via coin toss. When Light and his friends see that Dark was the one yelling in rage, he told Light that he will make his life miserable. Meanwhile Guzma is planning on beating the Kalos League so he can become Champion and end all Pokemon Leagues forever! Will his plan succeed at the end? How will Dark make Light's life a living Distortion World? Will Light and Serena ever take on Viola or are they doom to just stay in Santalune City?(No, just me? Ok then.) Find out in this chapter!

Light and Serena's P.O.V. June 12th, 2019, Santalune City Pokemon Center, Santalune City, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-1:37 P.M

"I'm bored." Light said while writing in his journal as he and Serena were waiting patiently as they were sitting while their Pokemon were getting another check-up from Nurse Joy. "Then why don't you read some of the books you have?" Serena asked Light, confused by what he said.

"No, I meant of battling only the Wild Pokemon around here or just rebattling the Trainers we encountered already. We need some new experience against Trainers we haven't even battled yet! New ways to test our limits and make up new strategies as my dad would say! Especially since tomorrow is our Gym Battle against Viola! I think we should be prepared for Gym Trainers!" Light said to Serena, surprising her. The guy who at first didn't want to travel and all of a sudden he wants to try new training methods? What had this world come to? Serena said in her head.

"Arceus, what is up with me? One minute I have no interest in battling then the next I do because of these random emotions in my chest. I think we should see Prof. Sycamore and talk to him about this when we are in Lumiose City." Light said while lightly punching his chest as if thinking that would get rid of the emotions. Yep, Light is still his usual self. I thought that something was changing right then and there. Serena said in her head while sweat-dropping. "Can Light Kiseki and Serena Yvonne come to the front desk to pick up their Pokemon? I repeat, can Light KIseki and Serena Yvonne come to the front desk to pick up their Pokemon?" Nurse Joy ask over the intercom. "Let go and get them." Light said as he and Serena stood up and head towards there.

Serena wondered though how could Light stay calm as they walked over. After all, Dark had promised to make his life a living Distortion World the next time they met, a cruddy way to end of a sweet sixteen birthday and yet Light haven't brought it up at all. It like Light doesn't even acknowledge it. She wonder how Light could play it off like it was nothing as the two continued heading to the front desk in silence.