Our eyes remain in contact until he entered the back stage door. Then I was also made to move to the back as well.

...

"This is getting boring... I hope an interesting one comes soon..." <Shin>

Shin mumbled to himself.

Shin is currently sitting in one of the seats inside the auditorium. Like everyone here, he plans to buy a slave. And not just any slave, he wants to get a slave who seems interesting. Such as those that have unique abilities or of interesting background.

With his ability, [Review], he can see anyone's status. Even their hidden status. Shin has been using it to check the status of every slave that was shown. So far all ten slave that was introduced so far didn't interest Shin.

"For our 11th slave, we have an interesting one!" <Announcer>

Just like every other slave that came out, Shin used [Review] on them immediately. But this one he had a different reaction. Now he was surprised. Finally the kind of slave he has been looking for appeared.

"This young girl here is only 16! Her name is Mina. Despite her young age, her skills with magic is amazing! She can use Dark attribute which is rare among humans! Moreover, as you all can see she is a beauty! I'm sure some of these traits suits some gentlemen. With all of these, her starting price will be 50,000 Qil!" <Announcer>

When the announcer revealed her identity, Shin was intrigued. The details that the announcer said, was different to what Shin saw. Her status in the [Review] was totally different. Her name and race isn't the same as what the announcer said.

Shin grinned at the situation.

The price of the slave quickly rose up all the way to 75,000 Qil in no time.

"75,000 Qil is the highest bid! Is there anyone who can beat that?" <Announcer>

The announcer waited for awhile for another bid to be called, but there wasn't anymore.

"Well then, 3... 2... 1... S-" <Announcer>

"100,000 Qil!" <???>

Waiting for the right tine, Shin then shouted his price at the last minute.

The moment he shouted that, a lot of people around him began staring at him. Shin understood the questionable gaze that people were sending him. He had suddenly increased the price by quite a big amount. The past ten slave wasn't even being sold at such an amount. The highest he had seen was only half of his price.

Shin ignored those stares and just continued smilling happily.

"Seems like there was a higher bid. Well then, will there be anymore people who wants to raise?" <Announcer>

After Shin's sudden price increase. Nobody was interested in the slave anymore. They didn't want to bother fighting for a slave that isn't worth the amount. They all thought that 70,000 Qil was the highest at best, considering all her traits. They don't know what Shin knows.

"Nobody? 3... 2... 1... SOLD! Will the buyer please proceed to the side of the stage to make his payment? Thank you!" <Announcer>

Shin was satisfied that he got a hold of such an interesting slave. He got up and walked down the steps. Along the way there were whispers from people mocking him. He ignored them since they're oblivious to the true value of the slave.

Once he reached the front of the stage, he looked intently at the slave. He also smiled happily at her. Entering the door to the back, he was then guided by one of the assistant to a small room.

When he entered, he was greeted by a familiar face.

"It's you. Looks like what I said was true. You indeed have slaves with-" <???>

"Have you forgotten what I said that time? Don't talk about them." <Shin>

"Oh my... Alright. Since you're my buyer now, I will pardon from such conversation. Well then, as I said that time, I'm a slave merchant. Please have a seat." <Slave Merchant>

The slave merchant gestured Shin to sit on the opposite sofa.

"Will you be paying first? Or would you like to inspect the slave first?" <Slave Merchant>

"I'll just pay now." <Shin>

Shin took out the money and placed it on the table in front of him. The slave merchant made a broad grin as Shin placed the money. Shin could understand that the slave merchant was very satisfied that he was able to earn such an amount from the slave. He counted the money piece by piece and put them in his pouch, while still having that smile plastered on his face.

After counting all of them and pleased that it was correct, he turned to Shin and asked him something.

"Before I bring in the slave, may I ask why you bought her for such a price? In my eyes, she should have gone at 70,000 Qil. At most it would be the price before yours. However, you increased it by a lot. Is there a reason?" <Slave Merchant>

"What can I say? I really like her looks! Hahaha! <Shin>

Shin gave a sarcastic answer and laughed. The slave merchant found his reasoning suspicious, but he can't do anything. He had already sold it and the transaction has been made. There was no way he could revoke it.

"Hmm, seems like you know something I don't. That's a shame..." <Slave Merchant>

The slave merchant felt a bit regretful. He clapped his hand twice and the door opened. After that two people came in. One was the assistant that guided him earlier, and the other was the slave.

The slave wore a one piece cloth only. She was also shackled and chained. Because of that she had trouble walking properly.

"With the payment done, all that's left is to perform the Master-Slave Pact. The slave already has the slave insignia on her. The remaining thing to do is for you to be recognised as the master. All you have to do is sign this contract." <Slave Merchant>

The slave merchant informed Shin on the procedure. The slave insignia was located on top of the slave's right hand and it has chain like design.

While they were discussing, the slave stared curiously at Shin. Shin felt it and looked at her. When he did, she quickly looked away. She remained quiet the whole time after that.

The slave merchant took out a paper and handed it to Shin. Shin took the paper and read the contents of it. The contents were mainly the details of the Master-Slave Pact, what it does and how it works. After understanding it, Shin signed the paper. As he did that, the paper slowly crumbled into light particles before disappearing.

"Now the slave is bound to you. Whatever you say, the slave has to follow. Anything you want to ask?" <Slave Merchant>

"Nope." <Shin>

"Alright then. The slave is now yours. Thank you for your purchase. I will leave you two here so that you can check on her privately. Once you're done, please leave." <Slave Merchant>

The slave merchant left the room along with the assistant. As the door shut, Shin spoke to the slave.

"Well then, nice to meet you. My name is Shin. From now onwards, I will be your master." <Shin>

Shin declared as such.

"...Yes. M-Master has already heard it but I'll say it properly. My name is Mina. Please take care of me..." <Mina>

Mina spoke timidly. She acted frail to be seen as weak so that her master will let their guard down.

"Mina, huh? That sounds nice. But not as nice as Layla, doesn't it?" <Shin>

"!?"

She was startled when she heard that name. She immediately became wary of Shin, curious of how Shin knows it.

Author's Notes:
(Can anyone guess what's the slave real race is? Or you have any idea of who she is? Haha, I just want to see people's imagination! There isn't any clue written in the story of who she is, so don't feel bad for getting it wrong. Just enjoy coming up with a guess! :D)