Chapter 38:

Depuis le début

The barkeeper changed his tone of speaking, as well as calling Shin to sir. Shin got up and walked to where the door is. The buff man opened the door and Shin entered. Behind the door was a flight of stairs leading down to somewhere. Shin followed that path.

...

~1st Person POV~

"For our 11th slave, we have an interesting one!" <???>

As the announcer said that, I was led to the center of the stage by one of the assistant. Standing beneath the spotlight, a sea of people sitting came into my view. The sitting areas were dark, only illuminated by the lights beside each seats.

This wasn't my first time being in this position. In fact, this is actually my 6th time I've been auctioned as a slave. So I wasn't terrified of the situation, nor afraid of what will happen to me once I've been sold off. Why? Because I can easily escape from my master.

"This young girl here is only 16! Her name is Mina. Despite her young age, her skills with magic is amazing! She can use Dark attribute which is rare among humans! Moreover, as you all can see she is a beauty! I'm sure some of these traits suits some gentlemen. With all of these, her starting price will be 50,000 Qil!" <Announcer>

There they go again. Always exaggerating my worth. But I can't blame them. I purposely gave them such details so that high ranking nobles would be the one to buy me.

Slowly I can hear more and more people increasing the price. Right now it's already at 75,000 Qil. Last time I was purchased at 70,000 Qil. So it's surprising that it's higher now. It's a matter of time before they do the countdown.

"75,000 Qil is the highest bid! Is there anyone who can beat that?" <Announcer>

The announcer waited about 30 seconds before he continued to speak.

"Well then, 3... 2... 1... S-" <Announcer>

"100,000 Qil!" <???>

As the announcer was about to close the deal, the voice of a man suddenly shouted and increased the price.

Not only was the announcer shocked, I was as well. It's the first time that I was being purchased at such an amount. Even for nobles who are rich, they wouldn't go so high to buy a slave.

Who is that guy? Is he crazy?

That was what I thought.

"Seems like there was a higher bid. Well then, will there be anymore people who wants to raise?" <Announcer>

The announcer quickly recovered from his shock to continue his job.

"Nobody? 3... 2... 1... SOLD! Will the buyer please proceed to the side of the stage to make his payment? Thank you!" <Announcer>

After an absurd auction. I looked around the crowds to see who was the person that bought me. I don't really care about what price I was bought at. I'm more interested in the buyer. I can judge them just by looking at their face.

As my eyes swim through the crowds, a person stood up. It seems that he's the one who bought me. He is making his way to the stage, so it's definitely him. Reaching the stage, his appearance can be seen. Looking at his face, he was making quite a devilish smile at me. But more than that, I could recognise his face. It was someone I've seen before. Not because he was someone I know, but instead someone I saw recently.

It was the time when I was near the capital. I was inside a cage with other slaves. We were on our way to be auctioned off at this slave auction in the capital. It was then when the cage pass by a certain guy. At that time, the cage suddenly stopped without notice, and I could hear the slave merchant talking to a guy. After their talk, the cage began moving again. Passing by the guy, I looked curiously at him, wondering why the slave merchant was talking to him. Seeing him, he looked ordinary. But then our eyes made contact. During that small duration before he looked away, he gave off a weird vibe to me. I was always sensitive to such supernatural stuff. So I instantly thought he isn't just an ordinary person, which his appearance seems to be.