Part 37

37.

Thirty-seven minutes since Asia and Hope ate food. Thirty-seven since hours since Cassandra collapsed. Thirty-seven intervals of Cole walking up and down the steps. Thirty-seven.

Thirty-seven hours is A day and a half. A total of 2,220 minutes in Thirty-Seven hours. Thirty-seven hours is 133,200 seconds.

Cole was with Elijah studying Cassandra spell and materials she was using.

Klaus sipped a bourbon at Cassandra's bedside. Mindlessly rubbing his rough fingers along her tattoos. Even fully clothed Klaus could pinpoint and draw every single tattoo, scar, stretch mark, and mole on Cassandra's body.

He wondering if he would ever see her smile again. To see her cook a quick meal for the girls even when they have chefs. To see her again.

He remembered the day she cried in the woods. It had been hours of looking for her. Elijah has gone to do some research for defeating Cassandra's sister.

While Cassandra ran off somewhere. Wearing nothing but a sports bra and ripped jean crouching down to the ground in a predator position. Like a jaguar ready to pounce. Klaus found and approached her.

Back then their relationship was rocky and non existent. It felt like a lifetime ago. *I was a lifetime ago*thought Klaus.

Klaus sighs and presses his hand onto Cassandra's forehead. He had been a long time since he used the trick the witch taught him. But now sees like the time.

Focusing on Cassandra's heartbeat and Klaus entered her mind.

-Inside Cassandra's mind-
Klaus took deep breaths as he landed in the middle of a cobble stone street. The moon hung high above his head as he looked around the foggy town of a deserted New Orleans.

There was no one but all the buildings and houses were lit. " A deserted street, how peachy," said Klaus as he continues to take in his surroundings.

Music began to play as Nik began to walking down the barely visible street. His vision blocked by fog, Klaus follows the music to pub.

The fog was to much for him to truly see the building as the voice of Amy Winehouse filled his ears. "Back to Black" played like white noise as he entered the bar.

The room was lit with tables and booths covered in empty plates and half drunken liquors. Walking farther into the bar Klaus glances at the broken rack of drinks from behind the bar.

He couldn't detect any heart beats, but the music still played on.

"Hello Nik," says a female voice in the back. "Welcome to my subconscious."

Nik rushes to the back of the pub and gasps seeing Cassandra's beaten body sitting on the hard wood floor. "Jesus Christ Sandra," he mutters staring at the series of bruises and cut on her body.

A paper tissue was up one of her nostrils as blood still pours out of it. Her lip was bloody as bandages cover her abdomen. Her shoulder; dislocated and wrapped in bandages. Cassandra's knuckles were cut and bloody as well as her left ear having a cut on it.

Her lilac skin and white eyed spirit form had turn back into her normal skin color and bright violet eyes.

"You gonna stand there?" She croaks leaning her head back onto the wall. Her hoarse voice was barely audible.

Klaus opens his mouth but no words come out as he stares down at his mate. He could see the redness around her mating mark.

He lets out a distressed breath as Cassandra raises him an unopened bottle of beer with her good arm. Seeing her wince at the most simple action.He gently takes the bottle from her and holds her hand as he crouches down.