part 28

My stomach churned as I walked out of the room with all of the books Klaus and I picked up earlier.  * pretty sure Dean Fogg thinks I am possessed by the type of books I have* I thought as I walk by Cole, Asia, and Hope. My stomach churns just seeing them.

I haven't talked to anyone since my little temper tantrum when Klaus and Caroline ran off together for a complete 48 hours and 37 minutes. Yes, I counted the time. Anger boils inside but I quickly calm it down *just because their ex-lovers doesn't mean they will get back together.  I mean hello will and I sure as hell won't* I thought to remember the old friend and ex-lover. walking to the backyard of the house and setting down the books on the picnic table. The wind blows softly as I see Caroline and Alaric in the distance. 

 * Maybe I should say sorry. Maybe I should* I thought as I watch both of them conversation while walking. There is no need to listen in on their conversation. I think I've done enough damage and temper mental things to last me a lifetime and more some of hell, just maybe a part of hell. I huff in anger. 

*There is no way to make it up to them* I thought not wanting to actually talk to them, but still wanting to make up my uncalled for behavior. I sigh realizing this is the most since my family's death  I've been as emotional and cold. Opening one of the books. I turn to the first chapter and begin to read. The chapter was about blocking out voices permanently.

 My stomach churned at the thought of me having to use the spell on my self so I don't have to hear my sister screams. I managed to create an amulet using wolfsbane and Kitsune venom, both things which can kill me, mixed with a few enchantments and warning precautions. The amulet felt cold heavy on my chest, a burden from that day when I lost my family, all but my cousin Devin and my Father Griffin. 

I continue to read as someone sits on the other side of the bench right across from me. I groan as the person scent hits my nose. I hoped that we wouldn't meet but eventually I knew. I still didn't move my head to face her but I could feel her gaze on me, taking in my features. Hopefully studying her possible enemy. I lift my head once she clears her throat after what felt like hours which was really one minute. I hold on to my book with both hands. 

I send her a small smile before I speak "Hello Caroline".

"Hello Cassandra" she sends me the smile back but I can see it doesn't reach her eyes, instead of sincerity they're filled with curiosity and wonder. "I don't think we have properly met," she says and stretches out her hand.  It's a bit smaller than mine. I put my hand in hers and give her a firm shake. Her hand is a lot softer and smoother than my calloused and rough hands. The air was tense between us, we both have our own things and by our already past problems. The problem being Klaus not introducing me as his mate at all. and then approximately goes off with my mate for hours. 

She hasn't sat in front of me for even ten minutes yet I want to rip her head off. It makes no sense why someone would come into your life and just take your mate. My blood boiled as I bit my lip to not yell at her. *No you've been temperamental enough call down* I repeat to my self as she opens her mouth to speak and prepare to hear what she has to say.

"CASSSANDRAA!!!" I instantly stand up from my seat and care for one thing. Asia. Bursting through the door of the house and I zoom toward Asia and Hope's shared room. But don't see anyone inside. 

My stomach drops *no no no *I will not lose Asia*. She screams again for me. Her voice comes from the third floor of the mansion. Scanning the room I  don't see a staircase nearby only furniture and the bars of the second floor. *Hold on baby I'm coming* Taking a few steps back I let my kitsune claws grow, each finger has up to 8 inches and are strong enough to cut diamond.